News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Difference full AMD quarterpanel 1969 vs 1970

Started by CloedFL, July 10, 2017, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CloedFL

Dear all,

I have (i think) a quite dumb question:

I could get quite fast son 69  full quarter panels whereas i would have to wait for 2-3 months for some 70's...
Are there any other differences then the marker light hole which could hinder me from using the 1969 quarter panel instead of the 1970?

BR
Claudio

70 sublime

Just the marker light holes should be the only thing different as far as I know

Not sure how close the holes from the two years marker lights are in the same spot

If you have to fix all of the 69 hole to make a 70 hole maybe a 68 1/4 panel would be better to start with as it would be a smaller hole to fix ?? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

CloedFL

I currently do not mind taking a 68 / 69 but the retailer of AMD just has a 68 or 69 in stock and the 70 will be available in 3-4 months from now...

Due to the fact that i will cut the 70's from the current one out and weld it into the new, i do not mind and based on your feedback, take what i can get :)

BR
Claudio

charger_fan_4ever

Unless the AMD 70 1/4's changed we had to remake the marker whole anyway(cut/shrink) as it was crooked ans not right size.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 11, 2017, 09:56:16 AM
Unless the AMD 70 1/4's changed we had to remake the marker whole anyway(cut/shrink) as it was crooked ans not right size.

Agreed, the OP should purchase a set of 68's if he's in a rush and modify accordingly, hopefully AMD has revamped the 70 side marker problem? don't count on it though as they have outside sources of dummies/dumb-asses test fitting/evaluating these products

Even the "experts" at Grave Yard Turds missed this obvious gaf on the side marker when they "resurrected" this 70 Charger ... don't pay any attention to the parts falling off the car, that's just more quality GYC work...