News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Upper Door Pad Emblem

Started by 69hemidaytona, July 11, 2017, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Is the word Charger highlighted in black on the upper door pad emblem on a Daytona? I am seeing 2 versions, 1 that is and 1 that is not.

Mopar John

Tony,
Here is a picture of my low mileage original B5 Daytona upper pad emblem.
I have seen about 4 different kinds of these and don't know if they are year or model specific?
I believe the 1968 version has red, white and blue colored spokes around the outside edge.
Then there are others that have the word Charger highlighted in black.
Then yet another that has the word Charger highlighted in black and the circle around it in black.
MJ

hemigeno

I can't quite tell how John's emblems look... might be clear (i.e. no black)??

Below is a pic of an unrestored, 11k mile Daytona.  Charger script is outlined in black, reddish-orange spokes, no black outline on the embossed circle around the text.

johntpr

69hemidaytona

My Daytona is exactly like John's. There is no black paint anywhere on the emblem. It looks like there may have been 2 different versions on Daytonas? What were your originals like Gene?

hemigeno

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on July 13, 2017, 04:08:54 PM
What were your originals like Gene?

Charger script is outlined in black.  Still have them; they were too scratched up to re-use on the car though.

69hemidaytona

Thanks to those of you that answered. Even though some appeared to have emblems different than mine I think I'm going to use what came on my car originally.

hemigeno