News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any help? Need 451 Stroker Recipe for 500hp/500tq for street only use.

Started by coolbh6, July 12, 2017, 09:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolbh6

Hey Guys,

I would like to get a 400/451 Stroker built
# 500hp / 500tq at minimum, dont need any more.
# 91+ Octane Pump Gas
# 10K budget for parts, if possible including labor
# Hydraulic Roller Cam for reliability with current day oils and no break in issues
# All New Parts as much as possible (Except Block Of course)
# As little Chinese parts as possible
# No constant adjustment required
# Around 10:1 compression

The car will be for
# Street Weekend Fun Use Only. (maybe 2000 miles per year)
# Manual Transmission will be used

Why 451? And Not 440?
# Revs higher & faster
# Lower Piston Speed

Any complete recipes or ideas? I dont want to deal with mismatched parts. I want to do it once and do it right.

PRH

First off, let's clear up a couple things.....
451 vs 440...... Same stroke, same length rod = same piston speed.

"451 revs higher"....... In this case, the upper rpm limit will be dictated by the hyd lifters....... Which will be well below the practical limit of a stock stroke 440.

As for the combo, your list of requirements pretty much spells out what you're going to build.

The only decisions left are which brands of parts you'll end up with, along with deciding on the size of the cam, carb, headers, and intake manifold.

Stroker kit of your choice, rpm heads, rpm intake, 850 carb, 1-7/8" headers, Comp ultra pro-magnum rockers. Howard's 723445-10 cam, Howard's 91767 lifters, change springs on heads to Isky 8005-a.

For a noticeable upgrade in power swap to the Trick Flow PP240 heads with the hyd roller springs(which will save you from having to swap out the springs).

For way more power, with essentially zero extra dollars spent, buy a 511 stroker kit instead of a 451 kit, and make closer to 650tq/600hp.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

Aarons68

How much would all that cost in Canadian$ I was thinking about building a 383 stroker to 496
Life's to short to keep them original

NitroNeal

Quote from: Aarons68 on July 12, 2017, 10:22:42 AM
How much would all that cost in Canadian$ I was thinking about building a 383 stroker to 496

I just built my 383 to what I believe will be 490, .030 overbore w/ 4.25 stroke. Crank, rods, pistons, heads, dampner, all 440source. Crane hydraulic roller cam, Lunati lifters, Comp pusrods,  Performer RPM intake, Edey 800 thunder series, MSD pro billet. Shooting for the "600tq" on pump gas. Crank went in nice, very little clearencing needed. Got right at 5 grand in the whole thing. No idea what that would be in canook $.