News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which engine mounts (68)

Started by euroZ06, July 13, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hello,

I have a 68 charger and it needs to have engine mounts replaced. Car was originally 318, but at some point got a 383 transplant.

I tried goggling and it gives me very different options. Any advice?
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

justcruisin

If it is a stock or mild build just go with the factory biscuits. A friend used the poly locks and there was a noticeable amount of vibration. I have the factory mounts fortified with a couple of countersunk bolts on the drivers side on my 440 and they work great.

euroZ06

Quote from: justcruisin on July 13, 2017, 02:51:43 PM
If it is a stock or mild build just go with the factory biscuits. A friend used the poly locks and there was a noticeable amount of vibration. I have the factory mounts fortified with a couple of countersunk bolts on the drivers side on my 440 and they work great.

can you please show me the link of what are factory biscuits? When I google engine mounts, many different options come up.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

BLK 68 R/T

Dino

I use the cheap mounts from either O'Reilly or Rockauto, I forget which. I did add a short torque chain on the left mount because my old mount snapped.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

firefighter3931

Once you get your new mounts follow the link below to make it bomb proof !

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs