News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

beer in Kentucky

Started by 67440chrg, July 13, 2017, 03:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

I am going to Kentucky for a week soon and was wondering about alcohol laws. I will be staying in Lexington most nights. I dont want to drink 3.2 beer while i am there. I dont know if I should take some Missouri beer or not?

white

gtx6970

Forget the beer.
Run over  to Four Roses , Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace distilleries for a taste ,,,or 3 .  Its about a half hour,, 45 minutes tops of a drive from downtown Lexington

alfaitalia

Until I read this and googled I had no idea there were dry counties in the USA...and lots of them. Land of the free....but no freedom of choice for some it would seem. Like to see anyone propose a dry county here...and make it to the end of the week alive..lol. To be honest I hardly drink (Christmas and birthdays...plus the very rare other occasion)...but there is a massive difference between me choosing not to and not being allowed to. I can imagine there is one hell of a lot of illicit drink in those counties with a small number of folks making a lot of cash...lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Troy

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2017, 05:21:47 PM
Until I read this and googled I had no idea there were dry counties in the USA...and lots of them. Land of the free....but no freedom of choice for some it would seem. Like to see anyone propose a dry county here...and make it to the end of the week alive..lol. To be honest I hardly drink (Christmas and birthdays...plus the very rare other occasion)...but there is a massive difference between me choosing not to and not being allowed to. I can imagine there is one hell of a lot of illicit drink in those counties with a small number of folks making a lot of cash...lol!
Except "dry" counties are usually about 10 miles from places that aren't. ;) It typically just means you can't buy it there. You can often bring it in and consume it there without any issue. Since we don't walk, take public transportation, or ride mules everywhere it's not that hard to pick some up. No one is spending a lot of time making homemade hooch when it's not too hard to purchase some retail at the drive through. I have never lived anywhere that it was a real problem to get a drink (and I have lived in Utah if you want some entertaining Googling!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

67440chrg

Thanks for the replies. I grew up in Oklahoma where name brand beers were sold in regular stores and only 3.2 drink lots and only need to pee. Liquor stores had 6. but only off brands no bush or bud. I thought I would check before I drove 9 hours down there. I dont drink much but I will want to have some on vacation. Thank you again.

451-74Charger

Your in Kentucky... drink Whiskey and shine !!

Harper

QuoteUntil I read this and googled I had no idea there were dry counties in the USA...and lots of them. Land of the free....but no freedom of choice for some it would seem. Like to see anyone propose a dry county here...and make it to the end of the week alive..lol. To be honest I hardly drink (Christmas and birthdays...plus the very rare other occasion)...but there is a massive difference between me choosing not to and not being allowed to. I can imagine there is one hell of a lot of illicit drink in those counties with a small number of folks making a lot of cash...lol!

we live in a dry county, we cant buy beer but we can consume it. My county line is 2 miles to a wet county, there fore i just drive a little further to buy, but most of the rest is the same lol
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

72Charger72

Jack Daniels is made in a Dry County! Go Figure that one? :hah:

taxspeaker

Wing cars owe their very existence to Nascar, which owes its very existence to dry counties (or states, or even countries) if you go back to prohibition