News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to buy ($70K)

Started by boss429kiwi, July 13, 2017, 04:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerperson

Quote from: JB400 on July 13, 2017, 08:30:16 PM
If it was me, I'd look for something like a 65/66/67 Hemi Coronet/ Charger or Plymouth Satellite.   They're not as popular as the 68-71 cars but yet have the performance.

Agree.  66/67 Hemi Chargers, when they actually sell (as opposed to high price listing), have sold in 60s range (Tim Wellborn collection car at Mecum auction)

gtx6970

If i already had a few nice Mopars.

Top of my list is a 1970 Buick GSX  stage 1

Laowho

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 16, 2017, 01:59:28 PM
I'm sure it made perfect sense to him....if absolutely no one else!.......lol!

To make sense of it, and pardoning Alfa's vestigial (colonial?) habit of the royal we and tendency to speak for everyone ("absolutely no one else!"?), I was simply putting our lunacy on the right side of Shakespeare. I'll take my 40 lashes at Bertha's House of Pain.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 16, 2017, 04:20:20 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 14, 2017, 10:25:12 AM
QuoteUnfortuately, there are many here who believe that rotted out, wrecked, and stripped Dodge Chargers and turning them into GL clones or race cars is a wise investment and I would be wary of seeking that the advice you seek from here.

Many of us like seeing raggedy old Chargers saved.  Whether we think it's a smart financial investment is a totally different question.  

I strongly disagree. Not every rusted out wreck should or needs to be saved and brought back. The hobby does need parts cars, not resurrected rust buckets; some of which are poorly resurrcted. The guy who brought this to Carlisle is honest, sane and a good sense of humor. However, if this fugitive from the crusher was a 68-70 Charger, many here would be salivating over it and there is absolutely no doubt that someone would pay thousands for the chance to own a bottomless money pit.

That sure likes the one i sold 15 years ago. Dont recall the VIN and was in Canada. But whats the odds of another fm3 340 4 speed rotted to hell painted lime green. The white writing on the quarter wasnt there and not quite as rusty. Had a donor car to resurrect it, but came to senses and realized it was just an A body lol

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 17, 2017, 07:16:43 AM
If i already had a few nice Mopars.

Top of my list is a 1970 Buick GSX  stage 1

Agreed or a steel body 40-41 willys coupe.

A12 Superbee

You could always buy my A12, it'll be on the market around Xmas.
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

darbgnik

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 14, 2017, 10:25:12 AM
QuoteUnfortuately, there are many here who believe that rotted out, wrecked, and stripped Dodge Chargers and turning them into GL clones or race cars is a wise investment and I would be wary of seeking that the advice you seek from here.

Many of us like seeing raggedy old Chargers saved.  Whether we think it's a smart financial investment is a totally different question. 

Having kids is damn near financial suicide.

But we don't say "You dumbass!" when somebody posts a pic of their newborn.

Hahahahahahaha! It's funny because it's true! Best thing I read on the internet in weeks!  :2thumbs:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

ACUDANUT

70-71 Cuda or Challenger Convertible. Is money never wasted. imo