News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best carb and intake

Started by Ddhotbot, July 17, 2017, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ddhotbot

I have a 1973 Dodge Charger with a 318 I would like to install a 4 barrel and 4 barrel intake and maybe a set of headers any suggestions would be appreciated

alfaitalia

Is the motor stock or modified.....will make a difference to the advice given..... :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

randy73

If stock, Edelbrock Performer RPM is a good one (least I think so on my 340) and a small 4bbl, use Holley's Carb calculator to get the right size.

If modified, I will leave that to people who have built a 318.

Ddhotbot

Ddhotbot

Who makes the best four-barrel for the Mopar 318

randy73

I have an edelbrock and it fine for me, I tuned it once and have not touched it in 2 years. Of course the car has been apart for a year while I get the body ready for painting.

I think most people on here like Holley and Demon, though I don't know if Demon makes a carb to fit on your car.

PRH

If enough people respond, eventually there will be a pretty broad range of responses, so in the end you'll have to decide for yourself what makes the most sense to you.

My choice for that application would be the std performer and probably a 500cfm Edelbrock AVS carb, although I probably wouldn't argue against a 600 Ede/holley/qft.
Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

69wannabe

I built a 318 for a dodge truck last year and it has a small cam and headers and he is running a 625 street demon carb and he loves it!! He had an eddy 600 on there and he could never get it to run like he wanted it to run so he bought the street demon and it seems to run great on there. I am not sure what intake he is running but I think is a weiand action plus.