News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Treating inside frame rails

Started by Midnight_Rider, July 17, 2017, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight_Rider

Got all of the old floor pan section out, that's coming out, of my project 71 RR.

While the innards of the frame rails and torsion bar crossmember are exposed, I'd like to address treating them against future rust.

I've used Eastwood products in the past with satisfactory results but it looks like they've expanded/changed their line-up. Has anyone used thier Rust Converter? Or perhaps have an alternate suggestion?

Troy

I use their "Internal Frame Coating". It has that hose and 360 degree nozzle - which isn't as important if you're already inside the rails. I believe the coating itself is about the same as most other products designed for that purpose. Enamel? Lots of solids. You could also use good old epoxy.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tsmithae

X2 with the internal frame coating.  Used inside the cowl and inside the frame rails.  basically anywhere I couldn't get my HVLP.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Midnight_Rider

Thanks guys. Got some on order.  :2thumbs: