News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger rear window channel patches

Started by jwells1993, July 20, 2017, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

so ive been workin on my car for a couple months have new quarters on it new fenders new trunk floor new to me hood anyways im about to start body work and im trying to rid the rest of the rot first the whole top channel of my back window is rusted just the roof skin though does anyone know if they sell a patch panel for this or not i think i might be able to fab it up but its not gonna be pretty and id rather not buy a roof skin for just the rear channel everything else is good on my car
keep on keepin on

Troy

Have you stripped the whole roof yet?

I don't think they sell just that section but someone may have cut it off of theirs. In case you do get one, that's going to be a lot of weld on an area that's highly visible. I'd bet that replacing the whole skin would be a lot cleaner and easier to finish (but I am no body man!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jwells1993

I have yet to strip the roof but it's a mixture of surface rust and bearish metalbust seems pretty clean I'm betting the whole roof would be the easier way to go but was lookin at price wise and the whole roof is solid it's just where the lip does the 2 bends is where it's rotted
keep on keepin on

DAY CLONA

Quote from: jwells1993 on July 20, 2017, 08:26:54 PM
so ive been workin on my car for a couple months have new quarters on it new fenders new trunk floor new to me hood anyways im about to start body work and im trying to rid the rest of the rot first the whole top channel of my back window is rusted just the roof skin though does anyone know if they sell a patch panel for this or not i think i might be able to fab it up but its not gonna be pretty and id rather not buy a roof skin for just the rear channel everything else is good on my car

I had to replace that section on my 70 Charger many years ago, AutobodySpecialt.com in Conn. offered the upper rear window channel and the 2 inner sail panel/channel areas, it's not that much welding as the rear window is quite small, and often prone to rust out behind the glass

the part#s are MP-187 for the upper rear window channel section
MP-186R or MP-186L for right/left inner sail panel/window channel section
The inner rear window upper brace that holds the headliner teeth is available if needed to be replaced, PN# MP-3553R

Mike

morepower

1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

DAY CLONA

jwells1993

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 21, 2017, 08:34:56 PM
Quote from: morepower on July 21, 2017, 07:14:58 PM
charger specialties has them too

Agreed, IIRC Charger Specialts.com is the source for them

Do I have to call or email them because I can't find anything on there site
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

Emailed the owner they don't sell sheet metal any more
keep on keepin on

DAY CLONA

Quote from: jwells1993 on July 22, 2017, 04:30:59 PM
Emailed the owner they don't sell sheet metal any more

I'll assume that was Charger Specialties, as AutoBodySpecialties main product is sheetmetal, I would call ABS, ask for Bob, he knows the stock well, be fore warned, ABS customer service is very short, not sweet....

jwells1993

Ok I'll give em a call I'd imagine there not open on Sunday so Monday it is thanks guys
keep on keepin on