News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which flex lines for front disc conversion?

Started by jlatessa, July 21, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlatessa

Bought the Mancini conversion for our 70 Charger RT Manual drum.
These are the style that slide metal to metal on the caliper mtg. brkt.
No pins...

All went well until we tried to fit the flex lines, (18") and could not configure them so there wouldn't be any interference when going lock to lock. They just seem too long.

Has anyone run into this and what is your flex line length?
Our lines have the banjo fitting at the caliper end but no matter how we positioned it, not good.

Thanks, Joe

cdr

are the calipers on the front or rear side of the front wheel?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

jlatessa

Rear, I went to NAPA Online and found a hose they said went
with my set-up, shorter and the fitting to the caliper goes into the caliper at a 90
which should keep the hose away from the tire.

We'll see.....Thanks, Joe

jlatessa

Well, let's see how this crow tastes....

The NAPA lines didn't do the job, interfered with the shock.

Fiddled again with the lines from the kit and low and behold, with the proper indexing of both ends, we were able to get a satisfactory result.

Now I have to go back to my buddies at NAPA and admit (another) mistake!!

Thanks for the input, folks...Joe

gtx6970

Im using front flex hoses from a 'cough cough' 1973 Camaro, 'cough cough'