News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tic Tock Tach install into a 69

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, July 22, 2017, 02:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Hi Guys,

I plan on removing my clock, and installing a tic tock tach in its place. I am assuming I can reuse the clock power lead and light lead from the clock and just need to install a lead from the tach to I guess the coil? If so what harness do I buy to do this?
Thanks for the help

tiki

I have to put a (MSD)tac adapter in my 69 charger to make my tic toc tac work,MSD came with a diagram and it doesnt look that bad.I see a white wire and a grey wire coming out of the side of the MSD box https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/MSD-8920_frm28572.pdf i always like to chime in here,someone always has a great idea... :cheers:

Sixt8Chrgr

Thanks Tiki. I should had mentioned that I am running a stock distributor with points.

tiki

tiki

well the green wire anyway,without any electrical impulses the fuel pump shuts off  :2thumbs:

Bronzedodge

Could you just run the green wire to the neg side of the coil without the tach?  The signal shouldn't change, weather you have a tach or not.  Second generation Chargers have a separate hole in the firewall (you may have to punch if your car was not originally tach equipped) for one or two wires from the "tach harness."  See it here on Evan's wiring page:

http://www.evanswiring.com/catalog.htm
Mopar forever!

BLK 68 R/T

Your original wires from the clock should hook up to the tach. Orange for light and gray for clock power. There is a pigtail hanging off the tach already for the clock power I believe. Then for the additional wires there is a dark blue that goes to the fuse block, switched power, and a gray with tracer that goes to the negative side of coil. As mentioned above you might need to punch a hole for the wire. I think you can hook up the fuel pump relay (green wire) to the coil negative as well.