News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C Heater box vacuum line / can anyone identify this part?

Started by Mopar Crazy, July 23, 2017, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

68 Charger a/c box. I have what looks like a vacuum valve at the bottom of the box. It has 1vac line  blk w/ red  that tee's off to 2 lines. Don't know what to do with the vac lines, and not sure what this part is.  
Also I have a hard vac line that I read should go to a vac source thru the firewall.
Where on the firewall does it pass thru and where is the vac source?

any help here would be appreciated.  :2thumbs:
Thank you  
MC
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

cdr

that is a dehumidifier control, it turns the ac compressor on when needed,in defrost mode to help keep the windshield from fogging up. the small vac line goes out the firewall right next to the heater valve, & hooks to the vacuum connection at the back of the intake manifold.

Look here,,,  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87035.0.html
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Crazy

The hard vac line thru the firewall, got it thanks...

Top Picture:  Someone put a T fitting on the blk & red vac line of the dehumidifier control, Should the T be there? and where does that vac line go ?

Thanks gtx....  :2thumbs:

gtx6970

Quote from: cdr on July 24, 2017, 06:54:06 PM
that is a dehumidifier control, it turns the ac compressor on when needed,in defrost mode to help keep the windshield from fogging up. the small vac line goes out the firewall right next to the heater valve, & hooks to the vacuum connection at the back of the intake manifold.

pretty much sums it up

As far as where the vacuum line goes,,,Sorry I don't remember . And my 69 service manual book is put away to ck

cdr

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on July 24, 2017, 07:58:03 PM
The hard vac line thru the firewall, got it thanks...

Top Picture:  Someone put a T fitting on the blk & red vac line of the dehumidifier control, Should the T be there? and where does

Thanks gtx....  :2thumbs:

mine has that Tee one goes on the actuator in your picture, look at the color of the one that is on it now, it might have been cut & hooks to the other end of tee

the link I posted shows the tee on page 2
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Crazy

Ok,  Now I see it...

Thanks !! out to cdr & gtx    :cheers: