News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Character Shirt - Your Input Needed

Started by ODZKing, July 24, 2017, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Back a few years ago, I had an idea about a design for a logo for our local Mopar club for the 20th anniversary. I put it together and they used it for a couple years.
I am not going to get into a long discussion about what and why but just to say they decided they don't want to use it any longer despite it being the best selling shirt design we ever had.
In any case, it is my design and idea and I thought why not use it for something else like: with a Charger logo.
I was very proud of this design I did and it sort of hurt when they decided to toss it aside. So I'd like to put it to another use.
Having said that, I asked my local t-shirt place that does much work for me and the club about a redesign. Long story short, it is a 6 color logo so it isn't cheap. BUT, if I order 50 shirts (various sizes not a problem) I can get them for $10.00/shirt. $2.00 more for 2x/3x - Shirt color to be discussed later. 
Now, this is just a mock up but I thought something like this with "Leader Of The Dodge Rebellion" below the Charger logo. Crown is optional.
Color "T"s are a possibility as long as it doesn't clash with the design, but we may have to order all the same color (I believe).
Our club did white and black shirts at one time.
So ... I would like to know if anyone is interested?  If we can get 35 or 40 shirts at least with a commit to buy, I can go to the next step.
Remember that is my cost, I am not making a dime on these.
Post away ...

RCCDrew

bakerhillpins

I like it as well. Looks awesome, though I would prefer the image on the back.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ITSA426

Rather than theCharger script, I'd suggest the Charger arrow (sail panel emblem), so that the design is all graphics for consistency.  It would lay out well in the same space.  Just my thought.

krops cars

Looks great. Please not only in white. I hate white shirts. They get dirty right now. I' m a man and I always touch something dirty some how before I go any where.

ODZKing

They can do black or again, any color that won't clash with colors on the graphic.
Charger arrow would be fine, do you think enough folks will recognize that? Stay with the crown? How about Leader of The Dodge Rebellion, yes, no?

Ponch ®

Quote from: krops cars on July 25, 2017, 09:23:02 AM
Looks great. Please not only in white. I hate white shirts. They get dirty right now. I' m a man and I always touch something dirty some how before I go any where.

White car shirts = fat old guy shirts.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 25, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
Quote from: krops cars on July 25, 2017, 09:23:02 AM

White car shirts = fat old guy shirts.

Well that's about 85% of the population of the U.S...think of the sales volume!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

RallyeMike

I like your design. Nice job  :cheers:  I think it's a hit    ....but I already have enough T-shirts to last 2 lifetimes.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Bronzedodge

I like it, I'd prefer it on the back as well.  I'd be in for one.  I've owned 3 of the 5 pictured. ;D
Mopar forever!

nvrbdn

I'm in. Never have too many MOPAR shirts. Will need 2 of the 2x.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ITSA426 on July 25, 2017, 08:20:20 AM
Rather than theCharger script, I'd suggest the Charger arrow (sail panel emblem), so that the design is all graphics for consistency.  It would lay out well in the same space.  Just my thought.

I think that would be cool as well.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ponch ®

selling Charger shirts? What could possibly go wrong?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68X426

ODZ - since you asked . . . . .

No to the crown - sorry, it's ugly.
No to Leader.
No to white shirts.  Black is fine, maybe try light green (Mist Green Poly FF1) or grey (Silver AA1).
No to the arrow - too obscure.
I prefer back placement more than the front.  My food and beer stains would mess up your design.

Consider the R/T logo in place of the Charger logo.  I think the R/T works well.

What's your thinking in recent weeks?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ODZKing

Well, I know folks are outside and haven't spent much time indoors because of car shows and summer.
However I have had only a handful of response. I would really like to do this project but I thought I would put in on hold until fall so more can see the post.
Thing is I can't afford to have $500.00 sit in inventory to order these, I will have to get at least 40 commitments before I go ahead. On the other hand, this is the only forum I have proposed this to so far, so there may be others.
Nothing is set in stone and I would like to see the Charger in there somewhere. Maybe the arrow and R/T as you mentioned. I guess we'll see.
Thank you all for your replies. I haven't forgotten.

nvrbdn

You have a Duster, Demon, Super Bee and Road Runner. I feel an R/T doesn't mean Charger. Without Charger on the shirt, It wouldn't apply to me. I agree to lose the crown, but want Charger on there somewhere. That's my opinion. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

larmstrong11

Looks like the ol CNY mopars assn shirt. Put me down for a xl and a med   If kids sizes are available 4 more

Troy

Quote from: ODZKing on August 11, 2017, 08:58:03 AM
Well, I know folks are outside and haven't spent much time indoors because of car shows and summer.
However I have had only a handful of response. I would really like to do this project but I thought I would put in on hold until fall so more can see the post.
Thing is I can't afford to have $500.00 sit in inventory to order these, I will have to get at least 40 commitments before I go ahead. On the other hand, this is the only forum I have proposed this to so far, so there may be others.
Nothing is set in stone and I would like to see the Charger in there somewhere. Maybe the arrow and R/T as you mentioned. I guess we'll see.
Thank you all for your replies. I haven't forgotten.
I know how you feel! I still have 30+ shirts DC.com shirts still laying around. Overall I think I had a bit over 300 made.

From personal experience...

Beware of the "no white shirts" comments as half of the requests I got were for white. About equally black. More requests for gray than I made. Due to the logo design and the need to cut down on options, I didn't offer other colors (see below).

You'll also find that some people like pockets.

XL was, by far, the most popular size with Large second. I ran out of XXL but didn't have a lot to start with. I wouldn't order Small, XXXL, or XXXXL without getting paid up front. Possibly the same with kids sizes but also because you'll need smaller graphics (see below).

Taking orders is a great plan but be aware that things happen. Not all the shirts will come out 100% and the Post Office/FedEx/UPS are bound to lose the oddball color/size during shipping. The place I used would destroy the screens as soon as the job was done (or they are trash once the ink dries) so to spin up another run for the 1-2 bad shirts would cost $20 in setup fees per screen. Considering you need screens for each combination (with/without black, logo size), it's not worth it for such a small run. So, someone will be upset.

As you have found, you're around 6 colors but your design has both white and black in it. If you make black shirts the outline will disappear so you could get away with not printing it - buuuuut, they'll likely need to do a complete background in white so the other colors show up. At that point they need to print black also. Anyone who purchased a black DC.com shirt with the big logo and tried to wear it at Carlisle that first year can tell you that it's about like wearing a garbage bag! But this also means that the process is different based on the color of the shirts. More screens = more money (and more to go wrong!).

Recently shipping has really gotten expensive. I shipped everything with insurance and tracking. A single shirt (back then) was about $4.50-5.00 for most places. I could get two XL shirts in a package before tripping the next price level. Getting three shirts to the west coast was almost $10. International shipping is a pain. PayPal is convenient but the fees eat into everything. Don't be afraid to make a little profit. It took me approximately 10 minutes per package to enter the shipping info, print the label, pack it up, and drop it off for shipment. Multi shirt purchases were way nicer... but rare. Add even more time with many combinations of sizes, colors, and logos to sort through or the extra paperwork for overseas shipments. What is your time worth? Don't forget costs of packing tape, printer ink, and packaging materials (you can try USPS Flat Rate boxes but the shipping costs are usually out of line for light weigh packages).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.