News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cooter's Last Stand

Started by marshallfry01, July 29, 2017, 12:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

Anyone going to this? I just pulled up to the hotel. Drove 1,100 miles.  :eek2:  It's supposed to be a pretty big turnout. I see a lot of General Lee's hiding out in the area.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

69wannabe

Wish I could have made it, looks to be a big turn out from the DOH group!!!

JB400

I seen on the website they were jumping the General.  Was it a total destruction or a nice, soft, ramp to ramp jump?

marshallfry01

It's huge. There are so many people and not much room. It's really over crowded.
1969 Charger 383/auto

marshallfry01

It was a soft ramp to ramp jump. The jump car was a crown Victoria with charger sheet metal on the outside. I believe they jumped it twice. I left on Sunday afternoon so I'm not sure. It was a really neat set up on the jump car though.
1969 Charger 383/auto

lukedukem

Quote from: marshallfry01 on July 31, 2017, 06:48:18 AM
It was a soft ramp to ramp jump. The jump car was a crown Victoria with charger sheet metal on the outside. I believe they jumped it twice. I left on Sunday afternoon so I'm not sure. It was a really neat set up on the jump car though.

They did a good job on the car if this is true. i guess youd have to get up close and see the inside and under the hood.

Here is a video of the jump, the second link is a bit shaky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-vKmWi3yE       The jump is at the 50 sec mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAnH_PZNLc       The jump is at the beginning, right when the video starts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbOK4pHzZcA       The jump is at the 45 sec mark
Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

RCCDrew

The crown Vic is a really popular platform for body swaps.

marshallfry01

I looked at it close up. It's a crown Victoria chassis.
1969 Charger 383/auto

69wannabe

So cool!!!! How many General's was there?? I went to two dukes fest in nashville and it was super crowded too. I don't think they had any idea that there would be that kinda turnout and it was the same both years. I bet it was the same for this event too!!! I would have liked to have made it but I got too much stuff going on at the moment. Planning on taking a day off in the fall and going to covington and conyers and checking out the sites to see how things are looking down there. It's been a few years since I have visited the filming sites.....

mopar0166

I was there with my GL, it was a fun time. the rain and mud didn't ruin our fun.  Ill have to post pics at some point

mopar0166

It was a shame to hear about Tom Wopat in Mass.  Although he was acting werid sunday at Cooters, everything thought he was just hungover.  If you have meet him a few times, you'd know something was off.

marshallfry01

What happened to Tom? I didn't notice anything off about him.  :shruggy:

There were around 115 General Lee's there.
1969 Charger 383/auto

JB400

I don't think Jones' confederate reenactment was a good stunt for DoH fans.  True, that it showed support for southern heritage, but it also reinforced the beliefs of those that want the flag removed from the General.  He shouldn't have dressed up, or even of received the plaque.

marshallfry01

I didn't know anything about Wopat's personal issues. It must suck being a celebrity.
1969 Charger 383/auto

Cncguy

Kern Dog

Quote from: JB400 on August 04, 2017, 08:23:55 PM
I don't think Jones' confederate reenactment was a good stunt for DoH fans.  True, that it showed support for southern heritage, but it also reinforced the beliefs of those that want the flag removed from the General.  He shouldn't have dressed up, or even of received the plaque.

What did he do? Wear a white hood and burn a cross? Did he push a black guy down the street wearing nothing but chains?  :slap:
Like it or not, every country has events in their history that are not acceptable today. I am more pissed to see statues taken down, history REwritten, textbooks changed to omit actual events, etc. History should reflect what actually happened, not the fagetty, limp wristed agenda the snowflake pansies are trying to teach.

JB400

It's good that he's supporting southern heritage by selling "rebel" items that support his tv career, but by receiving an award from a known white supremist group, not a good idea.  That's tying the DoH with hatred, which it's not.

miamivice

I was there as well.  Great time.  Does anyone have any good high Rez pics of the jump car??

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 15, 2017, 10:25:25 PM

What did he do? Wear a white hood and burn a cross? Did he push a black guy down the street wearing nothing but chains?  :slap:
Like it or not, every country has events in their history that are not acceptable today. I am more pissed to see statues taken down, history REwritten, textbooks changed to omit actual events, etc. History should reflect what actually happened, not the fagetty, limp wristed agenda the snowflake pansies are trying to teach.

AMEN! I am a descendant of no less than 6 confederate veterans. Georgia and South Carolina. I can tell you those soldiers weren't fighting to keep slaves. They were fighting to keep their homes!

marshallfry01

I have some close up videos of the jump car but no pictures.  I'm not sure how to post that on here.
1969 Charger 383/auto

69wannabe

Thank You Kern!!!! Took the words right out of my mouth!!

johnnycharger

I agree 1000%!!!

Kern Dog

To add to that...
I don't see people sporting Confederate flags running around trying to bring slavery back or even say that it was right. I see the flag as a symbol of proud Southern states that didn't like to be told what to do. Isn't that what AMERICA was built from? Telling the British to fuck off? No offense to modern England, of course. This country was founded on independent spirit, the courage to go your own way and do things as YOU see fit. Freedom, guns to protect yourself from oppressors and wide open spaces.
Fuck yeah.