News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here have a 1970 B-body with a floor shift A-230 3-speed transmission?

Started by Alaskan_TA, July 29, 2017, 05:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

The option code is D13 & I know that this exact setup is a one model year only deal. Does anyone have photos of the linkage setup?

How about a photo of the diamond shaped shifter to transmission bracket? (it has a different bolt pattern than  the 1970 A & E bodies since the '70 B-bodies use the forward tail mount)

Thanks!

Alaskan_TA

Maybe no one here has one, but I will keep trying.  :cheers:

Update - I have found a 1970 A230 from a Charger with a 383 (It actually found me, thanks James! ) It has the shift levers but no 2/3 shift rod so I still need a photo of one or one I can buy.

Also the parts book indicates that the 270 & 271 shift levers are for 383 cars only, but some 1970 B-bodies with 318s also came with the floor shift 3-speed. I would love to see a photo of an original setup for a small block & confirm what shift levers it used if anyone has one?

If you have a 1970 A230 with dual shifter mount bosses, small front bearing retainer & an aluminum spacer between the shifter mechanism & front mounting pad in or out of the car, please post some photos of your linkage?

Thanks!