News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original fasteners for the trim just below the trunk lid on the tailpan

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, August 02, 2017, 01:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Guys

I can't locate my originals and for some reason did not take a picture of this area before I took the car apart. The OEM  parts manual calls out number 6024 271. I called AMK and they cross referenced it to the same fastener as the wheel week Moulding screw. For the life of me I seem to recall a fastener with a slight washer head. But can't be for sure. If someone can snap a picture of an original or confirm what AMK is telling me I would appreciate it a ton.

Thanks

Lawrence

Troy

I do believe they are right. You're talking about the slight v-shaped strip that sits on top of the tail panel in the gap where the trunk lid closes?

They look like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrome-Self-Tap-Wheel-Well-Trim-Molding-Screws-With-Sealer-Qty-25-219-/322591082639?fits=Year%3A1966%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3ACharger

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bfan

The screw is available through Auveco under the part number 672, it just does not have the wax coating which cuts itself off as it is screwed into the panel.  The screw was used in numerous places like windshield and rear window trim molding clips, wheel lip trim through part of 1970 and the window felts on the E-Body applications.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Troy on August 02, 2017, 04:03:56 PM
I do believe they are right. You're talking about the slight v-shaped strip that sits on top of the tail panel in the gap where the trunk lid closes?

They look like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrome-Self-Tap-Wheel-Well-Trim-Molding-Screws-With-Sealer-Qty-25-219-/322591082639?fits=Year%3A1966%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3ACharger

Troy

Troy,

Yes you are right the slight v shaped piece. Well I am so happy to hear that AMK is correct because I have extra of these fasteners. And I actually found the originals that came out of the car but just was not sure if these screws were correct for this location. Again many thanks

Lawrence

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 69bfan on August 02, 2017, 08:31:49 PM
The screw is available through Auveco under the part number 672, it just does not have the wax coating which cuts itself off as it is screwed into the panel.  The screw was used in numerous places like windshield and rear window trim molding clips, wheel lip trim through part of 1970 and the window felts on the E-Body applications.

That is great info!! Thanks so much for the part number. I have an old school company here in town that will source fasteners for me through Auveco.

Thanks again

Lawrence