News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird wing location measurements

Started by Seabeckredneck, August 03, 2017, 03:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabeckredneck

Hi,
  I'm starting the process of building a Superbird clone. Although I have searched all over the internet, I cannot find any information for the location of mounting holes for the wing.
I'm hoping someone has some measurements or can point me in the direction to find them.

Thanks a bunch!
  Chris

nascarxx29

try dave patik at performance car graphix for superbird templete

Re: 69 daytona wing mounting hole template
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:52:02 AM »

Dave Patik at performance car graphics makes a template set.

It was very helpful to me on my car.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Seabeckredneck

Thank you. I did just receive the wing gaskets from them.
  I appreciate the info

oldcarnut

Scroll down this page link some.  It's how I layed mine out and some recommendations from others.  The 1/2 sides ended up being 3/4 and the 2" finished off at 2 1/8" for me when measuring to the wing bases. I have a lot of updating to do on my thread.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53678.0.html

Seabeckredneck

Thanks nascarxx29!
I received the templates yesterday and I look forward to using them. Dave and another gentleman there by the name of Don were very helpful and kind. I look forward to doing business with them in the future. I just hope Hurricane Irma doesn't get to them. They said they were concerned and may leave town! Keeping them and all the others in Florida in our prayers.

Now, where's my drill!?!?

Seabeckredneck

Thanks oldcarnut!  I'm reading your build now.  Nice work! I may be asking you question in the future if that's alright. I'm just gathering parts now for my project. I may put my wing on the car soon just so I can see it in the shop and that'll give me motivation!