News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger starter

Started by tiki, August 03, 2017, 09:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiki

my engine compartment was painted jet black just before we put the motor in ill just grind a lil paint off attach and touch up...as far as the -cable i must of got the correct one w/no pigtale where i wish i would got one w/a pigtale to ground the chassis (thats a point for me) :yesnod:

tiki

I learned a very valuable lesson with after market design starters,in my situation using a high performance forged crankshaft (on my stroker) moves the flywheel back ever so slightly,in turn the after market starters dont have the bendix throw that the original starters do 3/16 different.The Bendix on the aftermarket starter was just falling short,when i say the original starter just fit around the headers its about 1/4 away,i have to purchase a blanket for the solenoid.It feels good to put this to rest and move on to washing and waxing :Twocents: