News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Grill install

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, August 06, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Guys,

My grill is ready to be installed on the crossbar. Both are out of the car. When we removed these parts we left the grill on the cross bar and just took them off as a unit. I am thinking I should do the same thing when reinstalling? Or should I install the cross bar first then fasten the grill to the cross bar while it is in the car? Sure is easier to get to everything with the cross bar out of the car. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Lawrence

Dino

Install the whole thing as a unit. So much easier.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Dino on August 06, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

Much risk to banging things up as a whole unit? That was my only concern. Otherwise I was leaning towards your suggestion. Thanks for the reply.

Dino

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on August 08, 2017, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Dino on August 06, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

Much risk to banging things up as a whole unit? That was my only concern. Otherwise I was leaning towards your suggestion. Thanks for the reply.

Not really no, safer than hanging a door as long as you take your time and have at least one helper, two is better. The small corner brackets on the lower sides of the frame (or lower inner fender) need to be removed, the frame won't fit well going between the fenders with them installed. Use copious amounts of protective tape on the fenders and everything else you might hit and go slow. You need to keep the frame slightly higher than the inner fender, but not a lot or the bolts on the back of the frame won't line up with the holes. Once those are in place you should be able to lower the frame onto the inner fender and put those bolts in place. Now it's adjusting time, and that's all there is to it.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

You should have the front bumper & brackets and lower valance panel all removed when installing the grille/frame assy.

gtx6970

As a one piece unit is the only way to do it,, and it can be done by yourself, but I recommend a helper.

Sixt8Chrgr