News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 69 build

Started by jwells1993, August 09, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

took the charger out on a maiden voyage sunday did surprisingly well bout 5 mile round trip on back roads kinda interesting (straight headers no windshield rear window lights barely any wiring done a seat with one bolt in it annnnnnd no shocks oh and no hood)  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: but she did really well ran strong shifted very well kinda would act cold blooded but i think i may have to screw with the timing i also did notice a leak in the intake gasket so im sure thats a culprit as well but a very good run none the less didnt have to be pulled home so thats a plus  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: i love the whiplash giving looks ya get when your cruisin a 69 charger  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

some updates wiring near complete hood on gauges work have to finish wiring in turn signal switch and lengthen wires to ignition switch
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

:cheers: :cheers: :drool5: :drool5: any tips on installing windshield and rear window thanks in advance
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

little bit of after brake stand carnage
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

keep on keepin on

darbgnik

I must say, this car had a quick turnaround!  :cheers:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Kern Dog

Quote from: jwells1993 on July 14, 2018, 04:22:35 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :drool5: :drool5: any tips on installing windshield and rear window thanks in advance

Rear window? They are set using a roll of butyl tape...I cannot recall if it is 5/16" or 3/8". I had rust repair in my rear window channel and the flanges were a bit uneven. I used the butyl tape followed by a bead of urethane sealant. No leaks since 2002.
The front: Whether you use a new gasket or an old one, some people choose to use a non hardening 3M sealant #8509 on the window channel before setting the gasket in place. I recall the factory service manual stating to run a bead along the bottom flange and about 12" up each side. The manual also states to install the glass from the top down, maybe because the glass is narrower at the top? That is how I did it. I pried the gasket flap using plastic sticks I bought online. I used window cleaner as a lubricant so the plastic sticks would not tear the rubber gasket. No leaks since....well, about 2 months ago when I did it.

jwells1993

Quote from: darbgnik on August 10, 2018, 06:05:54 PM
I must say, this car had a quick turnaround!  :cheers:
thank you hopin to have it on the road soon and slowly keep purchasing things like interior and what not
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 11, 2018, 12:25:19 AM
Quote from: jwells1993 on July 14, 2018, 04:22:35 PM

Rear window? They are set using a roll of butyl tape...I cannot recall if it is 5/16" or 3/8". I had rust repair in my rear window channel and the flanges were a bit uneven. I used the butyl tape followed by a bead of urethane sealant. No leaks since 2002.
The front: Whether you use a new gasket or an old one, some people choose to use a non hardening 3M sealant #8509 on the window channel before setting the gasket in place. I recall the factory service manual stating to run a bead along the bottom flange and about 12" up each side. The manual also states to install the glass from the top down, maybe because the glass is narrower at the top? That is how I did it. I pried the gasket flap using plastic sticks I bought online. I used window cleaner as a lubricant so the plastic sticks would not tear the rubber gasket. No leaks since....well, about 2 months ago when I did it.

thank you for the help i ended up using window urethane for the rear and i installed the front same way as you but bottom first came out pretty good
keep on keepin on