News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 69 build

Started by jwells1993, August 09, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

not much has changed since the last time i posted been doin body work that never seems to end :brickwall:
keep on keepin on

Kern Dog

It is SO tempting to take shortcuts to speed things along. The problem is, when you are done, it will look like you took shortcuts!

CDN72SE

Nice work you are doing, keep it up.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

jwells1993

thanks guys plan on havin a coat of primer on it by the weekend then more sandin and body work and so on
keep on keepin on

darbgnik

Quote from: jwells1993 on August 14, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
well over the weekend i scalped her to put on some new skin and some new drip rails hard to believe how rotted the rear end of the car was that the frame rails are beautiful and the underneath panel structure is in such great shape  :cheers: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

Yeah, that's awesome. Right now you're just doing cosmetic surgery. Inner structures and frame rails add a lot of measuring to the fitting you're doing.

Looks like it's going pretty quick by this sites standards.  :2thumbs:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

jwells1993

Quote from: darbgnik on August 22, 2017, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: jwells1993 on August 14, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
well over the weekend i scalped her to put on some new skin and some new drip rails hard to believe how rotted the rear end of the car was that the frame rails are beautiful and the underneath panel structure is in such great shape  :cheers: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

Yeah, that's awesome. Right now you're just doing cosmetic surgery. Inner structures and frame rails add a lot of measuring to the fitting you're doing.

Looks like it's going pretty quick by this sites standards.  :2thumbs:

Ya I'd take good frame bad body over vise Versa any day of the week and thanks I wouldn't not be this far along but I've been on 12 hour days since December so the extra change really helps with the panel prices but it also makes it harder for when I wanna get this thing painted before fall and winter seein as it's being painted in my garage
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

so i bought these fiberglass fenders off craigslist for 200 bucks in new jersey my old fenders are whooped and im not feelin paying for amds yet anyway they dont have side marker cutouts as anyone grafted metal ones in  :shruggy:  kinda have an idea how to do it but just wanna pick others brains first
keep on keepin on

Baldwinvette77

i think napa has a panel bond adhesive that can do that, i used it to bond metal brackets to fiberglass 70 fenders i had for a bit, they have different grades like locktite

jwells1993

well i got car in primer over the weekend i also got the fenders and the trunk lid in primer still to come work on the doors and hood  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

i swear to god this is the best lookin rearend on a vehicle ever made  :drool5:
keep on keepin on

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: jwells1993 on August 30, 2017, 06:25:23 PM

it sure is, All the work you've been doing helps too  :cheers:

jwells1993

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 30, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Quote from: jwells1993 on August 30, 2017, 06:25:23 PM

it sure is, All the work you've been doing helps too  :cheers:

thanks shes gettin there
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

So I bought a Winnebago that had a 440 and 727 with 40k on the dash for 600 kept the motor and tranny junked the rest what do I have to do to the transmission to get it to work in my car??? Anyone know?
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

over the weekend i got my hood hinges and door hinges and engine compartment all painted up
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

:cheers:
keep on keepin on

Kern Dog

If that RV transmission has a bolt on yoke or a big brake drum on it, forget using it. A standard 727 isn't hard to find. The RV transmissions are not compatible with fitment into a car due to the weird tailshaft housing and/or the huge brake drum.

jwells1993

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 06, 2017, 01:56:51 AM
If that RV transmission has a bolt on yoke or a big brake drum on it, forget using it. A standard 727 isn't hard to find. The RV transmissions are not compatible with fitment into a car due to the weird tailshaft housing and/or the huge brake drum.

It's a slip in yolk tailshaft it's out of a dodge van Winnebago not the full blown Winnebago I'll post a picture of it later
keep on keepin on

Kern Dog

A slip yoke long tailshaft? Good news.

jwells1993

Ya pretty long I'll post a pic when I get into work gotta use computer cause It won't do it off my phone
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

thats it right there any idea?
keep on keepin on

darbgnik

So by the engine bay, I assume you've decided on black as the color?
Brad

jwells1993

Quote from: darbgnik on September 06, 2017, 06:56:04 PM

no i painted black on the engine bay cause i figure ill be tinkering with her for a while before im happy and its easier to touch up
keep on keepin on

darbgnik

Quote from: jwells1993 on September 06, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
Quote from: darbgnik on September 06, 2017, 06:56:04 PM

no i painted black on the engine bay cause i figure ill be tinkering with her for a while before im happy and its easier to touch up
Yup, it would be. But it's sure a lot easier to paint it body color now, before motors, wiper motors, wiring, etc go back in. Just a thought :cheers:
Brad

jwells1993

Ya I know I'm planning on flat black for the paint so I'm thinkin that the flat black on the gloss black will look good
keep on keepin on

darbgnik

Quote from: jwells1993 on September 07, 2017, 02:21:00 PM
Ya I know I'm planning on flat black for the paint so I'm thinkin that the flat black on the gloss black will look good

I agree. And if you don't detail it, it'll be matt black soon enough!
Brad