News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 69 build

Started by jwells1993, August 09, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

Quote from: darbgnik on September 08, 2017, 12:38:05 AM
Quote from: jwells1993 on September 07, 2017, 02:21:00 PM
Ya I know I'm planning on flat black for the paint so I'm thinkin that the flat black on the gloss black will look good

I agree. And if you don't detail it, it'll be matt black soon enough!

true
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

so not much of an update still plugging away at it theres not enough time in the day between car work and the girlfriend  :brickwall:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

also startin to look like a full car again she'll look good once shes in one solid color the glass fenders are kinda being a pain and the door are quite out of wack but they'll work for now plan on getting new doors down the road but not right now
keep on keepin on

BDF

Looks like it is progreesing nicely!  :cheers:

jwells1993

keep on keepin on

jwells1993

got her in a last coat of primer Saturday i wet sanded and touched up early Sunday morning and did my first coat Sunday afternoon
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

absolutely love how the body lines pop in flat black  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :cheers:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

so my trim pieces for my quarter one is good the other has screw holes drilled into it to hold it on can i weld this or no its also got a small crack on the bottom where the bumper covers it
keep on keepin on

keepat

Not sure that you can weld that pot metal? But you could countersink the hole on both sides and then fill it with JB Weld.
Pat

jwells1993

Quote from: keepat on September 18, 2017, 06:18:33 PM
Not sure that you can weld that pot metal? But you could countersink the hole on both sides and then fill it with JB Weld.
Pat

ya im guessing thats what ill have to try
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

got the clear done Saturday have some sanding and polishing to do but in extremely happy with it  :drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:    first picture is without clear and the rest are cleared
keep on keepin on

Baldwinvette77

Thats coming together pretty quickly  :cheers: looks great!

jwells1993

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 25, 2017, 03:02:51 PM
Thats coming together pretty quickly  :cheers: looks great!

thank you been bustin my ass trying to get the brunt of it done before winter when i wont want to spend as much time in the garage
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

i know i went a little ass backwords but i worried about the body first and gettinga good coat of paint on it to seal it up good before winter now im gonna start working on the floors there pretty solid and just need a couple patches made i also put on subframe connectors from mopar performance i plan on either a truck bed coating or something heavy like that on the floors then sound mat and carpet
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

floors are all patched up and i brushed on some bedliner gotta get some spray bedliner to get in places better but were gettin there
keep on keepin on

lukedukem

What did you use to patch them with

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

VegasCharger

Quote from: jwells1993 on December 07, 2017, 09:05:26 PM
floors are all patched up and i brushed on some bedliner gotta get some spray bedliner to get in places better but were gettin there

Good work!  :2thumbs:

Damn could've used this for the rear floor boards. I really wasn't advertising it though.

:cheers:

jwells1993

Quote from: lukedukem on December 07, 2017, 10:20:42 PM

Luke

Probably gonna hate it but my brother ordered a quarter skin for his 69 Mustang fastback he used a section to fix his wheel lip and I stole the rest free metal is free metal haha
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

Quote from: VegasCharger on December 07, 2017, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: jwells1993 on December 07, 2017, 09:05:26 PM

Good work!  :2thumbs:

Damn could've used this for the rear floor boards. I really wasn't advertising it though.

:cheers:

Damn that woulda been nice thanks for the gesture I was contemplating going with and but the 4 spots I had I couldn't justify ripping out the original
keep on keepin on

lukedukem

Quote from: jwells1993 on December 08, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

Luke

Probably gonna hate it but my brother ordered a quarter skin for his 69 Mustang fastback he used a section to fix his wheel lip and I stole the rest free metal is free metal haha

Heck no, your right, free metal is free metal. Doesn't matter where. As long as the rust gets cut out
What bed liner did you go with?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

jwells1993

Quote from: lukedukem on December 08, 2017, 07:15:26 AM
Quote from: jwells1993 on December 08, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

Luke

[/quote
Heck no, your right, free metal is free metal. Doesn't matter where. As long as the rust gets cut out
What bed liner did you go with?

Luke

I used left over rustoleum brush on bedliner I used on the floor of my bronco it held up pretty good in there no carpet quite a bit of traffic in it so I figured it oughta work good in the charger under carpet bought it at Walmart I've done a couple truck frames with it too never had a problem
keep on keepin on

Harper

looking good. I need to do my floors one day soon as well. Your build looks great, great work :drool5:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

jwells1993

Quote from: Harper on December 11, 2017, 02:51:57 PM
looking good. I need to do my floors one day soon as well. Your build looks great, great work :drool5:

thank you shes gettin there good luck on yours take pics and share we love seein them getting done
keep on keepin on

BDF

jwells1993

nothing much more going on at the moment got all my stuff to reinstall my gas tank and run a new gas line just waiting till i get a new to me gas cap found one bout an hour away for fifty bucks better than mine so just gotta find a day to go get it and i was looking at the numbers between my original 69 318 block and my 78 440 block and the 318 already is pushing more ponies than the 440 so being that its just a cruiser im just gonna run my original ordered up a re-ring kit street fire msd kit a torker cam kit with timing chain and lifters
Valve Lift (INT/EXH): .422"/.444"
ADV Duration (INT/EXH): 278°/288°
Duration @ .050" (INT/EXH): 204°/214°
Centerline (INT/EXH): 108°/116°
Power Range: 1,000-4,500 RPM

flow tech long tube headers and i havent figured out what intake and carb want to run yet
keep on keepin on