News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 69 build

Started by jwells1993, August 09, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

so i started tinkering with my grille its in pretty good shape not many cracked spots it is broke on both corners where it sits under the bumper those will be fun to make what did you guys use to get off badly rusted bolts and rust rather not hack em with a cutoff wheel but thats last resort
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

:cheers:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

:cheers:
keep on keepin on

green69rt

If the bolt or nut is close to something I wanted to preserve, I used a Dremel tool with a metal cutting blade.   You can use it as a cutting blade or as a very thin grinding wheel,  just takes time and patience.  You can get into tighter places with the little 1" wheel and you can also control the cut better.

jwells1993

Quote from: green69rt on December 15, 2017, 11:57:46 AM
If the bolt or nut is close to something I wanted to preserve, I used a Dremel tool with a metal cutting blade.   You can use it as a cutting blade or as a very thin grinding wheel,  just takes time and patience.  You can get into tighter places with the little 1" wheel and you can also control the cut better.

Great idea thank you I didn't think about using a dremel
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

got my grille all prettied up just waitin on my trim to come in and ill put her all back together and put it in
keep on keepin on

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

jwells1993

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on January 10, 2018, 07:06:11 PM
Looks really nice!

thanks i cant wait to get the trim on it and see it all together better yet on the car
keep on keepin on

VegasCharger

Quote from: jwells1993 on January 10, 2018, 06:49:25 PM
got my grille all prettied up just waitin on my trim to come in and ill put her all back together and put it in

Looks great.  :2thumbs:

Props to you for your hard work.  :cheers:

jwells1993

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 10, 2018, 08:54:23 PM
Quote from: jwells1993 on January 10, 2018, 06:49:25 PM

Looks great.  :2thumbs:

Props to you for your hard work.  :cheers:

thank you gotta have a hobby or else id go insane
keep on keepin on

Harper

looks great
and i especially like the fact that you use the tractor bucket for a table lol all that overspray will protect it :)
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

jwells1993

Quote from: Harper on January 11, 2018, 01:29:05 PM
looks great
and i especially like the fact that you use the tractor bucket for a table lol all that overspray will protect it :)

haha its meant for work
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

picked up some new to me rims today wasnt sure if id like the gray center but its growin on me torq thrust 15x7
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

trims all on and grilles back together need a bracket and actuator for one headlight door though :popcrn:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

got my motor all back together and purtied up ready to go back in the car waitin on motor mounts  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: hopefully ill get motor and trans in over the weekend
keep on keepin on

TPR

Great job on the grille. Makes me want to pay some attention to mine.
:2thumbs:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

green69rt

How are you guys allowed to bring your car parts into the house???  If I tried to do that the wife would go crazy on my A$$!!!!

Ghoste

After my divorce it got much easier to bring car parts in the house.

jwells1993

Quote from: green69rt on March 16, 2018, 07:38:04 AM
How are you guys allowed to bring your car parts into the house???  If I tried to do that the wife would go crazy on my A$$!!!!

owned the house before my girlfriend moved in with me so shes a little lenient on thing a little not much hah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

got my motor and tranny in now onto wiring actually had some decent days this week so i rolled her outside to work on her so she doesnt forget what the sun looks like :rofl: :rofl: the wiring harness im using is an ez wire kit i did one in a f350 last year with good results so heres to hopin i have the same this year i also lost track of time and was rushin to close up before work an i had a blonde moment where my passenger door was open as i was trying to pull the car back into the garage with my atv and i ended up bucklin the door up againt the fender  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: i guess one more thing to add to the to do list
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
keep on keepin on

Baldwinvette77

dude, i love your build, sucks about the door, but you seem to be more than capable of fixing  :cheers:

jwells1993

thanks and ya im sure ill get er back too looking good but its just one more thing to add to the to do list  :cheers:
keep on keepin on

charge69

You are doing a great job on your Charger and I cannot wait to see it run.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

jwells1993

Thank you hopin to start it by this weekend waiting on a new slip yoke for the 727 don't wanna start it with the tranny dry got a buddy I'm getting a 750 street demon to get rid of that nasty lookin carb in top
keep on keepin on