News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tips and measurements for installing Daytona Stripe

Started by NHCharger, August 09, 2017, 09:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Looking for tips and advice for installing the stripe. My search here and on google yielded no results. The stripe did come with a set of generic instructions but I'm hoping someone can give me some measurements also so I'm just not relying on pics on where to position the stripe.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Daytona R/T SE

The "Daytona" lettering should be centered over the body line on the quarter panel.

In other words, there should be an equal (measured) amount of letter above and below the body line.

Front to back, the stripe should show an equal amount ahead of and behind the wing upright where it bolts onto the top of the quarter panel.

Every car is different, every wing is different.

Measure and center the letters on the bodyline, and wing upright with the stripe.

That'll get you there.

Here's mine:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 09, 2017, 09:51:05 PM
The "Daytona" lettering should be centered over the body line on the quarter panel.

In other words, there should be an equal (measured) amount of letter above and below the body line.

Front to back, the stripe should show an equal amount ahead of and behind the wing upright where it bolts onto the top of the quarter panel.

Every car is different, every wing is different.

Measure and center the letters on the bodyline, and wing upright with the stripe.

That'll get you there.

Here's mine:

I agree, there's no concrete instructions for application, everything said above is your guidelines for an install, your best to mount the wing, or use the wing gaskets to mark where your wing "sits", take into account your trunk front edge, and decide what compromises you need to make in stripe location/application in order to have the wing within the stripe, and the stripe displaying some body color of the front trunk edge... although we'd all like things perfect, there's going to be some "gaff" somewhere, even the cars Creative assembled were not "perfect" in their execution

In hindsight one would have the decal, wing, and other assorted components on hand and trial fitted prior to paint to achieve a "perfect" fit, but often that's not the case

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

odcics2

If you find a 'perfect' installation, it's by chance.

My car originally had one side a little crooked, other side not centered.
That's how they are going back on - just like 1969!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?