News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roadkill Nights?

Started by Troy, August 11, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Thinking of hopping in one of my cars and shooting up to Roadkill Nights in Detroit tomorrow. Skipping the Nats this year, the weather looks decent, and I like road trips. It's just over a 4 hour drive so I'll have to get a hotel for tomorrow night. That's the only thing keeping me on the fence about taking the 70 Challenger. I hate to go there in my parts truck though. Decisions, decisions...

Anyone else going?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68X426

No, won't be going.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 68X426 on August 12, 2017, 12:00:02 AM

No, won't be going.
I'll see your hand...

...and raise you!  :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi-hampton

I'd like to go but I tried to go last year & was just to much traffic, no where to park, was a madhouse so I left. LEON.

Troy

I got right in. Parked about 3 blocks away and there was a free shuttle bus. It is crowded in some places but not terrible.

Troy

hemi-hampton

Last year I'm pretty sure it was the same Saturday as the Dream Cruise, Which meant it was crowded with a million people before it ever started. This year it's a whole week before, Saturday a week before the cruise. I was going to hit Woodward tonight but it started raining so went back home. Anytime rain is in the forecast for that day it will really put a damper on activities & attendance. I'll probably be cruising woodward all week though. LEON.

funknut

I plan on making one of these events in the future, but this year the timing just didn't work out.

Glad to hear it was manageable.  What car did you end up taking?

Troy

Quote from: funknut on August 13, 2017, 04:49:08 PM
I plan on making one of these events in the future, but this year the timing just didn't work out.

Glad to hear it was manageable.  What car did you end up taking?
Took the Scat Pack because of the overnight stay. Now that I know what parking is like at the hotel I wish I had taken an older one. The Scat Pack is a ball of fun on the highway when not dodging morons clogging the left lane - and sometimes even then. I have learned to love the right lane for passing gobs of cars that huddle instinctively in the center and left. The rain would have sucked in an old car but there wasn't much of it. If I go again I'll likely take an older car and enter the show. Much like Carlisle, I believe this ends up being about as cheap as spectator entry plus parking (if you take 2 people) and the walk is shorter.

Troy

TheAutoArchaeologist

I hope you guys enjoyed Roadkill Nights.  I was in the garage helping rebuild Blasphemi.... we literally got it together, did one test drive, it started on fire, fixed that, ran it again and then drove it out to the starting line.

richf

1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: richf on August 22, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
Awesome!

Yes and no.....

Here's all the pictures I took on that day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/albums/72157687579754155

Cristy Lee + Demons + Raindbow = Awesome.