News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gold Charger 500 for sale at the mopar nats in Columbus?

Started by white, August 12, 2017, 07:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

My friend told me there is a gold 1969 charger 500 for sale at the mopar nats in Columbus? Any members there to confirm this, thank you.

taxspeaker

Yes, 4-speed bronze $65,000 looked good I have a pic of ad somewhere on my phone if you still want it

white

taxspeaker

white

richRTSE

So the car wasn't actually there,just the ad? I was there and didn't see the car or the ad....??

Beep Beep Dave

I agree from those pics it looks good for the $$$ compared to some of the other 500s that have been on the market.
I am just curious what would make this one 1 of 26?
They would have a had to make more than 26 440 4-speed cars?

Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

aerolith

Nope just 26 440 4-speeds!

At 65K this high optioned C500 is a GIFT!!! :2thumbs:

I am gobsmacked at a HALF-PRICE car... :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Highbanked Hauler

As the Boomers are starting to die off the prices will go down. One auction this year I saw a Hemi Road Runner go for 20K and across the board cars seem to be drawing less. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: aerolith on August 17, 2017, 07:56:27 AM

Really? I can't see how that could be right. Seems way low to me. Is that the known amount?

Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Stevetona

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 17, 2017, 11:43:21 AM
   As the Boomers are starting to die off the prices will go down. One auction this year I saw a Hemi Road Runner go for 20K and across the board cars seem to be drawing less. :Twocents:

You are right. Most younger folks would rather buy a modern exotic like an Audi R8 or Porsche 911. Hardly anyone in my age range would know a Daytona from a 1969 Corvette.  Not to say there aren't younger muscle car fanatics. Just not as many.

moparnutty

I know the car and it is super nice. The guy lives about 5 miles from me. The car was redone back around 2015.

charger chris

I like the prices are going down on some of these cars. It means I can buy one one day at a good price.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Stevetona on August 17, 2017, 12:34:55 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 17, 2017, 11:43:21 AM

You are right. Most younger folks would rather buy a modern exotic like an Audi R8 or Porsche 911. Hardly anyone in my age range would know a Daytona from a 1969 Corvette.  Not to say there aren't younger muscle car fanatics. Just not as many.

My son is a good example of that theory, turn the key and the motor starts and runs with 600 HP. and yes he finally got a guy who got the 440+6 pack running right for him. Yes there will always be some people with an interest in old cars but it will be getting less with each generation.  :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

richRTSE

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on August 17, 2017, 12:26:53 PM
Quote from: aerolith on August 17, 2017, 07:56:27 AM

Really? I can't see how that could be right. Seems way low to me. Is that the known amount?

I agree. I don't know if there is anything official showing a breakdown of engine/transmission numbers. The only thing I could find has numbers that don't add up...the link below shows the 26 number for 440/4-speeds but also shows only 103 440/autos....   :scratchchin:

maybe that 26 was a "known to exist" number at one time but can't be an accurate number of total produced... :Twocents:

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/productionfigures.htm

hemi68charger

I numbers of C500's with or without a certain drivetrain should be heeded with a grain of salt. I had a T7/Saddle Tan version once. The first time I saw these numbers was in a monthly version of the Winged Warriors newsletter.... Shoot, some 20 years ago probably...

Regardless, the percentages hold true I am very sure.... The number of 4speed Mopars of any sort will always fall far short of their 727 counterpart. And, it is a far-gone conclusion that the exact numbers will probably never be known....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

5hunert

Any pictures of the body tag?  Is it in the C500 registery?

richRTSE

XX29L9B162268 in the registry....pictures there including fender tag  :cheers: