News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone take out their heaterbox?

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, August 13, 2017, 09:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

well i dynamatted the floor and firewall to reduce the heat inside the car. i also was just going to remove the heatercore but  the more i thought about leaving the entire heater box out the more i liked it. well i put all the interior back in today and i left the heater box out. it really cleaned up the look imo. as of now my only concern is the passenger freash air duct being totally open all the time. which would certaibly put a damper if it gets chilly out haha.

so have any of you done this before? i will say the dynamat has cut down on vibrations and rattles a whole bunch. it wasnt really hot out today but it didnt get get bad in the car as far as heat so it does seem better.

70 sublime

With the heater box out will it not cut down on your driving season ?
Windshield will fog up ?
I guess it depends where you live but I know around where I live a windshield defroster is nice to have working

You can always stuff something up into the open fresh air vent hole
I think there is such a thing as a passenger version vent the same as driver side but seems to be hard to find
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

I haven't had a functional heater or A/C in my car in all the time I've owned it. Here in Northern CA, I can drive it most of the year. It does get into the high 30s for brief periods in the winter though.