News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird brake master cylinder

Started by Plumpcars, August 14, 2017, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumpcars

Whilst sorting out rear brakes on my Superbird I decided to change the master cylinder. Car is a 440+6. Outlets are to fender side. I found there were just 2 numbers for a Superbird, 1 for 440 and 1 for Hemi. I ordered the 440 unit but it is totally wrong for my car, outlets are on motor side and bore is 1 1/8 (Which I believe is correct). When I took my old unit off I discovered that the bore is 1 1/32 which I believe is 1971 Roadrunner? Is it likely that at some time in the past the booster/master have been changed or did some later build Birds come with a 1971 style cylinder? What's confusing me is that I've looked at many Superbird engine bay pics and some 440 cars seem to have the fender side outlets, others have the motor side. Thank you.

BLK 68 R/T

With power disc brakes, the lines exit towards the motor (right side) to be factory correct. Hemi cars exit from the fender side (left side.)

Plumpcars

That was my initial thought when I discovered the 2 x part numbers. One for 440, one for Hemi. What's confusing me is that I've looked at so many photos now that show 440 cars coming out fender side as well as those coming out engine side.

BLK 68 R/T

You may have seen lots of cars that way, but it is not factory correct.

Plumpcars