News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my spare original Superbird nose...

Started by rainbow4jd, August 14, 2017, 11:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

In 1988-92 I briefly owned a Tor-Red Superbird, black bench, auto column, that had been sold by Byrd Chrysler Plymouth in Salt Lick, KY.   Somewhere I have the VIN.  It had handicap controls (if anyone remembers that one).

The nose had been crunched so I was fortunate enough to pick up a junkyard nose somewhere in northern KY that I was intending to use as a replacement.   In wasn't Jim Walton's place in Hebron, but in that general vicinity Owen County or Corinth, maybe?   Long story short - I sold the Bird back to Roy Byrd and ended up keeping the junkyard nose.  I had already sand blasted it and prepped it for paint - but never got around to doing anything with it since I sold the Bird.   I have the original Z bracket and somewhere headlight buckets and headlight doors.

Anyway.... I HATE posts that say "What's it worth?" so I'll ask a different question....  Anyone recall some recent Bird nose sales? 

I've tried to go back to eBay see what has sold, but I'm not coming up with anything.  I am trying to downsize and thinking about selling my extra parts from assorted cars I've owned.  Carter AVS (the automatic number), 14" Rallye's off a Cuda, stuff like that, a single Cuda side marker lense - stuff like that - although the nose is clearly the only thing that might have a decent value.

PS  I don't recall if the entire Superbird was in the junkyard - it was one of those farm type junk yards.   My cousin Barry (69 Roadrunner) knew where there was some old Mopars and when we checked it out the guy had the nose stashed away.   Mostly what I remember was looking for broadcast sheets under back seats and discovering a honeybee nest in a 69 4406GTX.   I moved to Pittsburgh in 1992 and then kind of lost track of where it was (but my buddy Bryan - who went with me -
- says all those cars are gone)

Thanks for any leads on past sales.

DAY CLONA

A lot will depend on current condition, repairs made, completeness (missing flanges?)
Bird noses don't fetch the kind of coin that Tona noses do, so your looking at ranges from $3500 to $6K max

This one sold off Ebay this year (2017) out of Illinois, rust free nosecone, spoiler AND a set of Z bars for $5500

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 15, 2017, 03:24:28 PM
A lot will depend on current condition, repairs made, completeness (missing flanges?)
Bird noses don't fetch the kind of coin that Tona noses do, so your looking at ranges from $3500 to $6K max

This one sold off Ebay this year (2017) out of Illinois, rust free nosecone, spoiler AND a set of Z bars for $5500

Thanks.   I guess I just need to get mine out and look at it.    It's in primer but as I recall there's a few rust pinholes along one edge.   Condition is everything

rainbow4jd

Crap I don't know how to resize pictures

rainbow4jd

rainbow4jd