News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Local car street meet...Willows, CA

Started by LeesRT, August 18, 2017, 09:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeesRT

Maybe 30 cars there, but 4 Chargers.  That never happens...until today.

LeesRT

Some more.

LeesRT

More again.

LeesRT

Last one until tomorrow's show at our local park...I'll look for more and post if there is.

Kern Dog

JB400

Nice to see that solid y4 68.  My 69 is supposed to look similar to it.

VegasCharger

That's right baby 68s dominated the grouping of Chargers!  :2thumbs:

3 to 1.  :cheers:

All very nice 2nd gen Chargers.  :coolgleamA:

Stevearino

That is like some crazy lottery Jackpot. All very nice to boot.

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

v21hemicharger

So here it is 6 am working the night shift and I see this.  My girlfriend and her 16 year old daughter took the gold RT there.  Here's what she texted, "I think people were mind blown when they saw us two girls get in the Charger for the cruise!!"  That gold paint was put on in 1973 BTW.  Original interior except for drivers seat that was changed in 77 due to cigarette burn.  One of the original NOS kits with bottle dated 1979. Drove it to Charlotte from CA on 2013 Power Tour 7655 miles

v21hemicharger

And Lee get to work so there will be 5 next year.

LeesRT

Working on it Mike.  I've put other projects on hold and have been making my engine and trans parts list.  It's time.

v21hemicharger

I have probably most of the stuff you need.  Don't you have a few 4 speeds?  We need to get together again.

LeesRT

Mike.  Yes, we need to get together again.  I have a new friend to bring into the mix as well.  He's the former owner of my car.  He's got many Mopars, but just bought a 1969 Charger R/T body that was an original 426 Hemi, 4-speed car.  Yes, I have several hemi-4-speeds.  I mainly need new aftermarket parts (i.e. electrical harnesses, suspension, brakes, etc.).  I have extra trim, grilles, and such.

v21hemicharger

I do all of my own harness rebuilds.  Suspension and brakes are easy and cheap from rock auto.  My girlfriend bought me a nice scat blaster bead blaster that is awesome.  I would just polish your car and drive it as is for at least a year.  I pretty have every tool needed to restore a car in my shop.  My brother and I did a 72 Dart for my nieces in 16 days with 40 hrs help from twp professional friends, mainly hammer and dolly, vinyl top and painting because I had to work. 

LeesRT

Yeah, we need to meet again.  I could use some pointers in getting parts I need economically.  I've had more people tell me I should drive it "as is".  The only thing I would probably fix (body wise) to drive as is would be the vinyl top.  I could live without paint for a while.  I just miss driving it.