News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window regulator pics/advice?

Started by MxRacer855, August 16, 2017, 05:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Hey guys!

Working on the '68!

It's been a little bit since I've been able to touch the car. I have all the finished pieces and new glass to install the quarter, door, and vent windows.
Thankfully I have a friend who is going to give me a hand and knowledgeable in the Charger dept. I'm trying to get as much done myself as possible since I have a little bit of down time and he's busy for a while. A little stumped here...

Any pics of the assembly or advice on what to install first would be greatly helpful.

I seen a few on here before but Photobucket was kind enough to eliminate that resource for me (us)...  :icon_smile_angry:

Thanks again in advance!

Jeff

NHCharger

One of my most hated jobs is quarter glass install. Some engineers spend way too much time smokin' something good when they designed that.
One of our board member posted this video on youtube that shows how the quarter glass works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWrcuY02ls

Sticking the quarter glass assembly fully assembled into the hole by yourself can be done but it's not fun, especially if you have the headliner already in. I would get the quarter glass in and working but know that you will need to install the doors then need to work on adjusting both the door glass and quarter glass to get them to seal properly.
A FSM is a must to figure out how to adjust the quarter glass.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

MxRacer855