News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions on the center link and K member bolts

Started by green69rt, August 19, 2017, 02:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Just getting ready to mount my center link and tie rods and see that the link has offset in the middle.  Pic attached is the way I think it goes with the offset to the front of the car and down.  FSM is a little hard to read.   

Also, I counldn't find the torque specs for the bolts that hold the K member to the frame rails.  Anybody know the spec?

71charger_fan

It's the same length either way. I had to swap mine end for end to gain oil pan clearance. I'd put it in whichever way gives the best clearance.

green69rt

Quote from: 71charger_fan on August 20, 2017, 11:52:56 AM
It's the same length either way. I had to swap mine end for end to gain oil pan clearance. I'd put it in whichever way gives the best clearance.

Got a pic of the final?

71charger_fan

No, but this is it before I switched ends on the center link. The bend in the link was pointing forward and rubbing on the pan.

green69rt

Ah, so maybe the link needs to bend down and to the back to clear the oil sump.   Something to think about.  I have no engine installed so just trying to get it installed right the first time.

Oh, and by the way, that looks like a very stout k-frame and front suspension system, no TBs, do you like it?

Kern Dog

That looks like a CAP K member or a QA-1 ? They retained torsion bars in those. See the KYB shocks? If this setup used coil-overs, they'd be where the shocks are now.

71charger_fan

I bought the K-member from CAP before they sold out to QA1. It uses the stock torsion bars in the stock locations. The photo's just at an angle that hides them.

green69rt

Quote from: 71charger_fan on August 21, 2017, 07:43:30 AM
I bought the K-member from CAP before they sold out to QA1. It uses the stock torsion bars in the stock locations. The photo's just at an angle that hides them.

Gotcha.   

green69rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 21, 2017, 02:35:21 AM
That looks like a CAP K member or a QA-1 ? They retained torsion bars in those. See the KYB shocks? If this setup used coil-overs, they'd be where the shocks are now.

Yes, now I see.