News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BEWARE: Colorado Springs.A sh-t hole

Started by ACUDANUT, August 20, 2017, 09:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

HPP. I visited all those places you mentioned. My brother Graduated form the AF academy there.  It's a shit hole, compared to Kansas.  Drugs, Thugs and tattoo's.  :brickwall:

ws23rt

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 22, 2017, 06:15:03 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 22, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on August 20, 2017, 01:49:55 PM
Why would any responsible person think that legalizing a drug would improve society ?

For the same reason some people think outlawing guns would improve society. Its easier to place the blame on inanimate objects which have no volition than on sentient beings who do.

Drugs dont kill people. People using drugs kill people.

LOL....what a load of bullshit...........and that's all I have to say !

I agree--a simple swiping statement like this does not describe or help address the issue.  
Drugs alter people.---Altered people do altered things. Including their own early retiring from life.

HPP

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 22, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
HPP. I visited all those places you mentioned. My brother Graduated form the AF academy there.  It's a shit hole, compared to Kansas.  Drugs, Thugs and tattoo's.  :brickwall:

Ahhh, A$$hat it is. Thanks for confirming.

moparnut

One of the most powerful  drugs in the country is sold on street corners everywhere.Its been legal since 1936 when prohibition ended. Im sure that many feel that alcohol has no damage on society. Would much rather have someone stoned on weed than out of their minds on booze.Just because its accepted and taxed heavily by all states does not make alcohol any better.

alfaitalia

.....it does however make it legal.....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

timmycharger

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 23, 2017, 07:24:32 AM
.....it does however make it legal.....

I Thought your last post was all you had to say?  :shruggy: guess not.

alfaitalia

LOL....fair enough....but that was a different thread and it was only political/religious threads that I was going to say nothing.....and this one is not very political......yet. And to say "drugs don't kill people"...come on. People overdose and die everyday...and people are killed in the production, supply of drugs everyday....so clearly drugs DO kill people.

This forum really needs a religion/Politics forum.....every other car forum I belong to has one.

I'm gone.

:2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Why would any responsible person think that legalizing a drug would improve society ?

For the same reason some people think outlawing guns would improve society. Its easier to place the blame on inanimate objects which have no volition than on sentient beings who do.

It was this thread.   :popcrn:
And I'm glad that politics are not allowed here.  Politics are EVERYWHERE else. Please keep this forum clear of useless, endless nothing solving discussions.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ws23rt on August 22, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

I agree--a simple swiping statement like this does not describe or help address the issue.  
Drugs alter people.---Altered people do altered things. Including their own early retiring from life.

Guns alter people too. One second you dont have a hole in your head, the next you do.

But while drugs do alter people as well, at some point that person - in a lucid, unaltered state of mind - decided to take drugs for the first time, probably with the intention of being altered. Have YOU ever snorted yayo or done a speedball? Im guessing not, because you knew the possible consequences.

Again, it all starts with a decision. Personal responsibility, that sort of thing.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

timmycharger

"Again, it all starts with a decision. Personal responsibility, that sort of thing."

Exactly. But nope, its way easier to blame someone else or thing and take zero personal accountability for their actions. 

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparnut on August 23, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
One of the most powerful  drugs in the country is sold on street corners everywhere.Its been legal since 1936 when prohibition ended. Im sure that many feel that alcohol has no damage on society. Would much rather have someone stoned on weed than out of their minds on booze.Just because its accepted and taxed heavily by all states does not make alcohol any better.

My major problem with people using weed here is that I, a non-user, have to smell it when others use it (via smoking) around me in public places.  That is disgusting.  There are still laws here that restrict on where people can use it, yet they decide not to follow the law on purpose because they think that they are above the law somehow.  I can be quite a distance away (20 feet or more), yet I still smell the stench of it.  Even though I am deadly allergic to consuming alcohol, the smell of it does not affect me like this smoke does.  Second hand smoke (regardless of it being tobacco or weed) does cause other people to absorb toxic chemicals via the lungs on top of the person consuming the drug initally.....

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 23, 2017, 12:50:57 PM

My major problem with people using weed here is that I, a non-user, have to smell it when others use it (via smoking) around me in public places.  That is disgusting.  There are still laws here that restrict on where people can use it, yet they decide not to follow the law on purpose because they think that they are above the law somehow.  I can be quite a distance away (20 feet or more), yet I still smell the stench of it.  Even though I am deadly allergic to consuming alcohol, the smell of it does not affect me like this smoke does.  Second hand smoke (regardless of it being tobacco or weed) does cause other people to absorb toxic chemicals via the lungs on top of the person consuming the drug initally.....

Well..you could get hit by a driver who consumed alcohol and be seriously, if not fatally, injured.

Oh, wait..what am i thinking. Drunk driving is illegal in every state. Therefore, it never happens.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lennard

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 23, 2017, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 23, 2017, 12:50:57 PM

Well..you could get hit by a driver who consumed alcohol and be seriously, if not fatally, injured.

Oh, wait..what am i thinking. Drunk driving is illegal in every state. Therefore, it never happens.
:sleep:

68X426

Quote from: Lennard on August 23, 2017, 09:35:27 AM
Please keep this forum clear of useless, endless nothing solving discussions.

As if this discussion is going to solve anything.  :icon_smile_big:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Todd Wilson

:yesnod:

68charger440

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 21, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
I live in Metro Denver, so I understand what you are talking about on the homeless problems here in Colorado.  The 16th street mall is full of beggers, some wanting weed instead of money.  I have seen them hold signs that say that directly.  They come here thinking that it is a land of free drugs for some reason.  The weather is starting to change over and that will drive out some of them to warmer climates.  Sorry California, but you will see a lot of them go your direction....

Thats fine if they go to CA.  That is where many of them last came from anyway.  The drugs are part of the problem but in my opinion is is the fact that we are a sanctuary State that is by far the lager problem.  I live in Denver most of the time but also have a mountain home just Northwest of Colorado Springs so I have firsthand experience with both Cities.  Colorado in general is becoming a magnate for all the wrong reasons.  Soon just like CA we will be a beatuful state ruined by poor political mismanagement and ridiculous taxes necessary to support all of these drifters.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

68charger440

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 22, 2017, 02:23:32 AM
QuoteWhy would any responsible person think that legalizing a drug would improve society ?

Legalize it, or just de-criminalize it, but we need to change SOMETHING.  This is not a decent way for a society to conduct itself.  

Right now we are locking up a stupid number of people, to fight a crime wave that isn't happening, and fight an addiction problem that we aren't fighting.  

Our drug laws also do a great job of targeting minorities.

Fantastic charts...they tell quite a story.  Where are the sources by the way.  That always provides clarity on credibility.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 68charger440 on August 23, 2017, 10:09:41 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 21, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
I live in Metro Denver, so I understand what you are talking about on the homeless problems here in Colorado.  The 16th street mall is full of beggers, some wanting weed instead of money.  I have seen them hold signs that say that directly.  They come here thinking that it is a land of free drugs for some reason.  The weather is starting to change over and that will drive out some of them to warmer climates.  Sorry California, but you will see a lot of them go your direction....

Thats fine if they go to CA.  That is where many of them last came from anyway.  The drugs are part of the problem but in my opinion is is the fact that we are a sanctuary State that is by far the lager problem.  I live in Denver most of the time but also have a mountain home just Northwest of Colorado Springs so I have firsthand experience with both Cities.  Colorado in general is becoming a magnate for all the wrong reasons.  Soon just like CA we will be a beatuful state ruined by poor political mismanagement and ridiculous taxes necessary to support all of these drifters.

Your right, I failed to mention that Diesel was 30 cents per gallon. Kind of reminds me of my second home....Illinois.  :brickwall: