News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl roof trim removal

Started by Alec, August 20, 2017, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec

Hi All
             I need to remove the trim at the bottom of the vinyl roof ...the roof is lifting from the trim up an area about 3 x 6 inches..how does the trim come off?  To repair I was just going to peel it back re glue and replace...no rust car was redone 3 years ago... thoughts

Dino

Quote from: Alec on August 20, 2017, 11:07:51 AM
Hi All
             I need to remove the trim at the bottom of the vinyl roof ...the roof is lifting from the trim up an area about 3 x 6 inches..how does the trim come off?  To repair I was just going to peel it back re glue and replace...no rust car was redone 3 years ago... thoughts

Speed nuts accessible through the trunk if I recall.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

Quote from: Dino on August 21, 2017, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: Alec on August 20, 2017, 11:07:51 AM
Hi All

Speed nuts accessible through the trunk if I recall.

Yes, if you are talking about where the vinyl  meets the quarter or at the bottom of the back window.  If at the tops of the side windows, then that trim just pries off but be careful you don't bend it up.  It might even have some adhesive to hold it on.