News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird history search

Started by boss429kiwi, August 23, 2017, 10:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi

Sorry, but I did asked a similar question a while back and had very little response, so thought I would try again.
I am sure we all understand the importance on provenance, when it comes to rare cars.
The main question I have is where did the car come from between 1975 -2001? and 2001 - 2014. There are big gaps that I would like to fill.  

VOA 155776
6 pack, 4 speed, Tor rad, buckets.

Below is what I have:
Original invoice sold: Eastwood Chrysler, Youngstown, Warren, Ohio
Original Title: Joseph Yablonovsky, then sold it to Martin Yablonovsky 1975, (maybe Son?). Hubbard, Ohio
2001 restored by Julius Steuer, but even he has very little memories of car.
Julius Steuer, mentions a Japanese guys named Archie Tamura, CA, maybe into classis bikes, but cannot find any info
Then maybe it went to East Coast?
Then sold at Mecum auctions in 2014

Any info would be much appreciated.

cheers
Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

boss429kiwi

Photo of the car when it was about to be restored, Restorations by Julius.

taxspeaker

Gary

Look about 5-6 posts down on this old link for that VIN-maybe a lead http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8972/re-vintage-charger-500-daytona-superbird-pictur.html

Still waiting for you to come to Florida or Kentucky!
Bob

taxspeaker

boss429kiwi

Quote from: taxspeaker on August 24, 2017, 08:13:34 PM
Also here:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=70932.0

Hi Bob

OOPS! I listed the VIN from my old Superbird  ::). The new birds VIN is 155776, so I updated my first post.
How dumb am I  ::)

ksquared

Quote from: boss429kiwi on August 23, 2017, 10:03:04 PM
Hi

Sorry, but I did asked a similar question a while back and had very little response, so thought I would try again.

Original Title: Joseph Yablonovsky, then sold it to Martin Yablonovsky 1975, (maybe Son?). Hubbard, Ohio

cheers
Gary

I always like a great Internet search.

Here is what I have found, it might help, or it might not.  I did manage to link the Yablonovsky family from Ohio to the Yablonovsky family in California though.

http://www.classcreator.com/Youngstown-Ohio-Ursuline-1966/class_profile.cfm?member_id=7222781

Carol Yablonovsky lives in Hubbard OH, I think she is Martin Sr.'s daughter, and Martin Jr.'s sister.  It may be possible to send her a letter.  I can supply the address if you'd like.

Martin Yablonovsky Sr., the dad, is unfortunately deceased, I believe he may have been the second owner.  

Also, I believe that Martin Yablonovsky Jr. is a doctor in California.  His office information is:
6211B Pleasant Valley Rd
El Dorado, CA 95623
(530) 622-7600 (Office)

I don't know about contacting him at his office about this, but I haven't checked to find further information about him.

The original owner, Joseph Yablonovsky, may live or have lived in Austintown OH, and his wife's name was/could be/is Monie.  He would be Martin Yablonovsky Sr.'s brother.

Be thankful that Bill Smith didn't buy that Superbird when he was looking at it back in 1970.  :icon_smile_big:

wingcarenvy

Hey there, was this car sold at the mecum monterey auction? The car came with black interior and was changed to white when it was restored. Does this sound familiar? If so then I have info on your car.

boss429kiwi

Quote from: ksquared on August 28, 2017, 05:10:42 PM
Hi

cheers
Gary

Here is what I have found, it might help, or it might not.  I did manage to link the Yablonovsky family from Ohio to the Yablonovsky family in California though.

http://www.classcreator.com/Youngstown-Ohio-Ursuline-1966/class_profile.cfm?member_id=7222781

Carol Yablonovsky lives in Hubbard OH, I think she is Martin Sr.'s daughter, and Martin Jr.'s sister.  It may be possible to send her a letter.  I can supply the address if you'd like.

Martin Yablonovsky Sr., the dad, is unfortunately deceased, I believe he may have been the second owner.  

Also, I believe that Martin Yablonovsky Jr. is a doctor in California.  His office information is:
6211B Pleasant Valley Rd
El Dorado, CA 95623
(530) 622-7600 (Office)

I don't know about contacting him at his office about this, but I haven't checked to find further information about him.

The original owner, Joseph Yablonovsky, may live or have lived in Austintown OH, and his wife's name was/could be/is Monie.  He would be Martin Yablonovsky Sr.'s brother.

Be thankful that Bill Smith didn't buy that Superbird when he was looking at it back in 1970.  :icon_smile_big:

Wow, great Goggling.  :cheers:
I will follow up on the information you have supplied.

So, who is Bill Smith, and what's the story about him wanting to buy the car in 1970  :drool5:

boss429kiwi

Quote from: wingcarenvy on August 30, 2017, 11:43:29 PM
Hey there, was this car sold at the mecum monterey auction? The car came with black interior and was changed to white when it was restored. Does this sound familiar? If so then I have info on your car.

No, different car, still has black interior.

ksquared

Quote from: boss429kiwi on August 31, 2017, 03:41:07 PM
Hi

cheers
Gary

So, who is Bill Smith, and what's the story about him wanting to buy the car in 1970  :drool5:

OK, that is just my poor attempt at a bit of American humor.  :smilielol:  The guy that bought it has about as unusual name possible, but "Bill Smiths" are everywhere, so there'd be no chance to find the right one.

I tried a bit of humor before here and it went over even worse.

Dave Kanofsky

"The guy that bought it has about as unusual name possible, but "Bill Smiths" are everywhere, so there'd be no chance to find the right one."

I thought it was funny, good job! 
Although many people don't understand my humor either...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

boss429kiwi

Quote from: ksquared on August 31, 2017, 09:21:18 PM
Quote from: boss429kiwi on August 31, 2017, 03:41:07 PM
Hi

cheers
Gary

OK, that is just my poor attempt at a bit of American humor.  :smilielol:  The guy that bought it has about as unusual name possible, but "Bill Smiths" are everywhere, so there'd be no chance to find the right one.

I tried a bit of humor before here and it went over even worse.

It was good humor  :smilielol:, I was just got too excited thinking you had a contact for me.