News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory tach with MSD distributor.

Started by Plumpcars, August 27, 2017, 03:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumpcars

Have just fitted an MSD ready to run distributor in my 440 Roadrunner and as I suspected the factory tach no longer works. Before buying a tach adaptor (Harder than normal as I'm in the UK) can anybody please tell me if that will work with the factory tach? Thank you.

frank1966

I installed a ready to run, figure out which lead is the tach and connect it to the neg side I believe, double check which side of the tach

frank1966

I installed a ready to run, figure out which lead is the tach and connect it to the neg side I believe, double check which side of the tach

Plumpcars

I tried the MSD grey wire and the neg. terminal of coil. Neither worked on mine.

Chargen69

I tried a tach adapter.  save yourself the trouble, buy a new one from chargerspecialties.com

Plumpcars

So basically the factory tach will not work with an MSD R2R?

ray230

Not sure what might be different, but I have an MSD RTR and factory tach that works just fine. Rev limit set too. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the play back on start up.

Chargen69

Quote from: Plumpcars on August 29, 2017, 01:18:27 AM
So basically the factory tach will not work with an MSD R2R?

idk, maybe i had other issues

Plumpcars

Quote from: ray230 on August 29, 2017, 07:54:19 AM
Not sure what might be different, but I have an MSD RTR and factory tach that works just fine. Rev limit set too. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the play back on start up.

Thanks. Did you hook it up to the grey wire with a tach adaptor?