News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Sway Bar Bushings

Started by q8charger, August 27, 2017, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello ,

I want to change the Front Sway Bar Bushings, but i do not know the size i should get . Which size i should buy ??

Front Sway Bar Bushings - 23.81mm (15/16 Inch) - 5.5129
Front Sway Bar Bushings - 22.22mm( 7/8 Inch) - 5.5128

Bronzedodge

The sizes refer to the diameter of the sway bar itself.  Measure you bar o.d. with a caliper to be sure.  Most B bodies were 15/16". 
Mopar forever!

randy73

HD bars were 7/8th, normal were 11/16. If you had a stock 340 or 440, you had the HD, 400's could be both and I am not sure about 318's, but guessing 11/16.

ALBSURE1091

Changing those bushings ill be a chore. Very very hard to get them back into the holders. You'll most likely have to cut the bushing holders and weld them back. I ended up buying energy suspension sway bar bushing set. Only mod is you have to drill an extra hole in K member to accommodate the bracket. Plus the bushings have grease fittings for periodical grease. Much better than stock.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: ALBSURE1091 on September 03, 2017, 11:47:38 AM
Changing those bushings ill be a chore. Very very hard to get them back into the holders. You'll most likely have to cut the bushing holders and weld them back. I ended up buying energy suspension sway bar bushing set. Only mod is you have to drill an extra hole in K member to accommodate the bracket. Plus the bushings have grease fittings for periodical grease. Much better than stock.

That's exactly what I did.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95015.msg1200826.html#msg1200826

69B5

I know this is a old post but I am going thru the same thing and it seems silly to start up the same thing again

The energy suspension site, when you enter 69' charger, shows 7/8 or 15/16 as options

If they had that right, I would think that the larger of the 2 sizes is what they used on the 440 R/t 4 speed (?) or the 15/16?

I am convinced it's stock now

I don't have a caliper to measure, but if the overall consensus is a r/t had a 7/8 and that was the heavy duty and is big as they came stock, I am ready to get this show on the road

Has anyone ever heard of a 69 Charger with a 15/16? Maybe they just made an error on their end

Mike DC

I just measured one of mine.  15/16ths.  It was on a non-R/T 1969 Charger.   

Bronzedodge

Quote from: Bronzedodge on August 27, 2017, 04:54:40 PM
The sizes refer to the diameter of the sway bar itself.  Measure you bar o.d. with a caliper to be sure.  Most B bodies were 15/16". 

You have an open end 7/8' and 15/16' wrench?  There's your caliper.
Mopar forever!