News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar jacks, hollow tube vs t post style

Started by BLK 68 R/T, August 27, 2017, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

What year did they switch from the t post style to the hollow tube style? Referring to 66-74 B and E bodies. Were the masts and bases the same between the two? I know the hooks are different, and the 68-70 charger jack is unique. Thanks!

Kern Dog

Molar....You posted this from a phone, huh? My phone fails to recognize the word MOPAR !  :eek2:
Good luck!

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 27, 2017, 08:50:50 PM
Molar....You posted this from a phone, huh? My phone fails to recognize the word MOPAR !  :eek2:
Good luck!

Haha, yes I certainly did!

4mayhemi

"Most likely" is the term to use as "eyewitness accounts" have seen both styles in every B & E with any SPD, so vendor run/depletion assumed.
I bought into the thinking that 68-70 Bbody wasn't a year thing, but a plant thing. Lynch/Ham mostly T, LA/StLou usually tube.
Masts were different lengths.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: 4mayhemi on August 28, 2017, 12:27:41 AM
"Most likely" is the term to use as "eyewitness accounts" have seen both styles in every B & E with any SPD, so vendor run/depletion assumed.
I bought into the thinking that 68-70 Bbody wasn't a year thing, but a plant thing. Lynch/Ham mostly T, LA/StLou usually tube.
Masts were different lengths.

Interesting information, thank you  :cheers:

fastmark

I've been researching jacks for the last month or so. There is a book out and not all the published data is correct. Absolutes are hard to prove 100% accurately, myself included. Ebay is not the place to learn, either. I've got a lot of jacks and cars to match up. I judge some car shows and know a lot of folks with original cars and I've pulled jacks out of cars that are 99% oem for that car. 68-70 Chargers are easy. They are unique because of the intregal hook. They are t posts with a 36" length, +/-1/8". Most 68-70 b body jacks are t post that are 33.5 in length. They put a few tube jacks starting  in 70 on b bodies made in St. Louis. E bodies are mostly t post in 70 and 34 5/8 plus or minus some. Tube jacks are common on 71 e and are slightly longer. Some c bodies have the 34 5/8 t post jack. 72 up jacks all had the slotted bumper so they are all different and I think mostly tube. Some wagons are longer and the Imperial is longer and a heavier post. No the bases will not interchange between tube and t post. Earlier jacks 64-67 can be mostly tube from what I've seen but have not resaearched that much. Hope this helps.

BLK 68 R/T