News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Houston we have a problem

Started by taxspeaker, August 28, 2017, 06:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Troy,

I do not know you but have read back and forth on here for several years. I hope you and your family and loved ones are safe from the rain and floods.

Bob J

marshallfry01

I have been wondering the same about Troy.  I have family down there that have 2-3 feet of water in their home.  Could always be worse though. Praying for everyone affected by the storm.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Hemi_tyme

Found this over on Moparts doesn't sound good for Troy 
Sucks around here.. Please, if you are a religious person, pray for us.. It is getting worse now.. Water getting closer to the house.... Not sure how much more we can take in our subdivision. But, we are way better off than most of Houston and/or Harris County along with the landfall area of Hurricane Harvey..

Troy

Aero426

He is OK.   Water has receded from his subdivision.     Pic posted earlier today on FB.

JB400

aerolith

Now its gonna be Florida!

My heart goes out to everyone suffering in these terrible storms! :'(

We had it bad here in 87, it blew the roof off the church where we were getting married the following weekend.
(The roof had been on there for 600 years., the place is called Battle, where the French gave us and Harold a good beating too)

The Vicar was well cool, he just said,''if it isn't raining, God will smile down on us through the broken beams'' :2thumbs:

Aerolith
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

alfaitalia

I live on the South coast and won't ever forget that storm....only time a hurricane force storm has hit us in my lifetime...and it took my Grandfather......

Good luck to all in Florida for the coming few days and our thoughts and with all the unfortunates already going though the wringer in the Caribbean...really scary forage on the TV this evening.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

aerolith

God protect all the Folks of Florida and their Mopars!

Aerolith
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

moparchris

I'm worried about the Hemi Charger 500 I just sold.  It went to Kissimmee Fl.  I will call in a few days to see how it faired.  Of all the darn places for it to go when it had lived in Az. for over 40 years...

aerolith

Hi Chris.

I like Kissimmee 'old town' its a real nice car place.
Deffo needed some more Mopars there, as it is a Chevy hot-spot... :slap:

I think the Storm has gone more west and calmed down a bit!
God may have heard my prayer... :pity:

He told me in a dream, that C500's are the bestest cars on Earth (as it is in heaven). :patriot: :engel016: :angelwing:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

•Irma is the strongest Atlantic basin hurricane ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea
•It spent three days as a Category 5 hurricane, the longest Category 5 hurricane since satellite storm-tracking began
•No storm on record has maintained winds 185 mph or above for as long as Irma (total of 37 hours)
•It prompted the largest evacuation in the history of the Bahamas -- and potentially the largest in the US

I know a few guys that retired a few years ago and moved down to FL.  Hope they are ok...

Georgia and Alabama will be getting the big rain next.  
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Called my sister, my Aunt and Uncle and countless friends on the East Coast. I was born in Miami and grew up in West Palm Beach. They all fared well considering the potential.  Have one good friend who's brother lives near Naples. Need to find out how he and the family did. Irma was a huge storm.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

My nephew is in West Palm from PA as a working lineman to get power back on!
wingless now, but still around.

odcics2

aerolith

Yep, there's no such thing as Global warming...or is there?
Mars isn't looking such a hostile place to live after all... :yesnod:

Whilst I was praying for Florida I forgot to pray for Kent UK! :eek2:
I got flooded out in my workshop and garage, lucky my C500 didn't get too wet!!! :pity:

Thing was they didn't forecast rain for that day in Kent, where's our weather Satellitte???
Been converted into another Daytona clone I bet??? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

Hurricane Maria now a Cat. 5

Looks like our fellow citizens in Puerto Rico may take a direct hit.
Weather guys think it may get to the East Coast...   :rotz: