News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do I get sparkplug wires for my Hemi ?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, August 30, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I've got a second generation 472 Hemi.

I've got a Mopar Performance electronic distributor.

Where do I get a set of sparkplug wires that have the rubber boots for the sparkplug tubes, fit my distributor and aren't purple, pink, blue or yellow?   :shruggy:

I don't need NOS or something date coded, they just need to be black, function correctly, and not look like they belong on a clown car.

BLK 68 R/T

Have you checked out Firecore?
Pretty sure moderator firefighter3931 (Ron) is a dealer for them.
https://www.customwiresets.com/product.php?productid=16272&cat=299&page=1

firefighter3931

FireCore has what you need....and yes, they're black. No funky colors  :lol:

What heads & valvecovers are on this 472 ? It makes a difference because 2nd Gen hemi wires are not "universal" due to the multiple cyl head castings and valvecovers available. The plug boots come in many different lengths....

If I know what heads & valvecovers you have....I can get you the correct wires  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 30, 2017, 11:34:31 AM
FireCore has what you need....and yes, they're black. No funky colors  :lol:

What heads & valvecovers are on this 472 ? It makes a difference because 2nd Gen hemi wires are not "universal" due to the multiple cyl head castings and valvecovers available. The plug boots come in many different lengths....

If I know what heads & valvecovers you have....I can get you the correct wires  ;)

Ron

Ron,

It currently has the chromed stamped steel valve covers.

I intend to switch to the factory style stamped steel black wrinkle valve covers.

It has the iron heads, anything I should look for on the heads to help ID them ?

The Fire Core website wants to know the coil wire length I want.

I don't have a coil wire to measure, so not sure what to do there ?

This engine was built by Stanton Racing Engines if that helps any ?

Thanks,

Chris...

firefighter3931

Hi Chris,

I can get you the wires you need....I'm a FireCore rep. Stock replacement style head with the black wrinkle valvecovers is no problem. What distributor are you running ? MSD box ? What coil and where will it be mounted ; on the intake like stock or do you want it on the inner fender ?

Personally, I prefer to mount them on the inner fender to isolate it from heat & vibration but that's sometimes not an option if you're going the stock restoration look under the hood...

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Daytona R/T SE

Ron,

I'm going to use a Mopar performance electronic distributor and I'll mount the coil on the intake in the factory location.

I'm going for a more or less stock appearance.

Thanks,

Chris...

firefighter3931

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 30, 2017, 04:53:57 PM
Ron,

I'm going to use a Mopar performance electronic distributor and I'll mount the coil on the intake in the factory location.

I'm going for a more or less stock appearance.

Thanks,

Chris...

That's no problem.....easy enough to figure out. There is a nice 50 ohm 8.5mm set available that has straight boots on the cap end, just like stock. That's what I would recommend with your configuration.  ;)

You have a PM  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron