News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do the qtr windows get any paper shim or similar on the bottom?

Started by oldcarnut, August 31, 2017, 10:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Between the bolts holes is the anything to place there between the glass and frame?  It's been so long since I stripped the glass and regulator frame I don't remember.

BLK 68 R/T

Yep. There is a small piece of round rubber tube that goes in the hole, just slightly longer than the thickness of the glass, bolt goes through it. I think most people just use a piece of vacuum tubing. The large washer on the attaching bolts also have a paper gasket for mounting the glass to the regulator. I used a piece of roofing felt to make my washer gaskets. Also, don't forget a dab of anti-seize on the threads.

Edit - just reread your post, between the holes there is nothing.

oldcarnut

Thanks for the reply.  I do have the bolt stuff and washer facings taken care of except for missing two of them.  It seemed like there should have been some kinda of strip run down the glass length between the frame and it for protection