News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurst Roll Control Kit

Started by Mr. Lee, August 31, 2017, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Guys,

Bought myself a Hurst Roll Control kit 174-5000.

It has included installation instructions, but am a little confused on where to put the brake lines. The solenoid valve has a 4 port control system, and I only need it to put it in between the rear brakeline. Anyone has the same kit installed and can tell me wich 2 ports to use and what to do with the other ports? Got a disc-drum MC installed.

Thanks  :2thumbs:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mr. Lee on August 31, 2017, 01:28:21 PM
I only need it to put it in between the rear brakeline.

The rear brake line? What are you trying to do? Launch control? Burnouts?

The port connected to the MC should be marked "IN".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

Here is mine. As john asked, why is it going in the rear line? I see no purpose there.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 01, 2017, 03:24:51 PM

Yes just for burnouts.

So there's one port for "in" and can I just pick one of the other 3 ports as an " out" ?

Thanks

alfaitalia

Looks cool...not seen one of those over here..not saying no one has one though. Simple line lock up through the floor does (or rather will do) the same job for me. Can double up as a secondary hand brake (think you say emergency brake!) should the normal one fail too!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Mr. Lee on September 02, 2017, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 01, 2017, 03:24:51 PM

Yes just for burnouts.

So there's one port for "in" and can I just pick one of the other 3 ports as an " out" ?

Thanks

Correct. Installed in the front brakes, not the rear.

John_Kunkel

Actually, for burnouts, some advocate installing it in the rear. In that location you would push and hold the button before applying the brakes, that isolates the rear brakes from the front brakes which are applied with the pedal. That way one can ease up on the pedal pressure to allow the car to creep forward while smoking the tires. Only practical on automatic cars.

Did I ever mention that I think burnouts are juvenile? Save it for the starting line.  ::)

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 04, 2017, 01:46:55 PM
Actually, for burnouts, some advocate installing it in the rear. In that location you would push and hold the button before applying the brakes, that isolates the rear brakes from the front brakes which are applied with the pedal. That way one can ease up on the pedal pressure to allow the car to creep forward while smoking the tires. Only practical on automatic cars.

Did I ever mention that I think burnouts are juvenile? Save it for the starting line.  ::)

Seems backwards still. Once applied, and you left off the brake and try to press the pedal with it engaged, the pedal is hard. My car will smoke the slicks without a lineloc on the street. I only use it at the track.

John_Kunkel

When installed in the rear line, pressing the button before depressing the brake pedal isolates the rear brakes from the MC so they're not applied when the pedal is depressed but the front brakes work a they normally would.

c00nhunterjoe

I will have to recheck mine, but i recall that if you press the button, then hit the brake pedal, the pedal is rock hard.

cdr

I have mine set up to lock out the rear brakes, it works great for me, & it is used at the track for proper burn outs. while doing the burn out if the car starts rolling & you dont want it to, just push harder on the brake pedal, if I want to let it roll a little forward, let up a little on pedal.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

garner7555

Quote from: cdr on September 06, 2017, 07:03:46 PM
I have mine set up to lock out the rear brakes, it works great for me, & it is used at the track for proper burn outs. while doing the burn out if the car starts rolling & you dont want it to, just push harder on the brake pedal, if I want to let it roll a little forward, let up a little on pedal.

This is how I did mine as well.    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

68CoronetRT

As an added note, I had to ditch the stock brake proportioning valve in order to get mine to work properly. I read about others having success with theirs, but mine would not work.

Just something else to look out for. I added a Wilwood prop valve to my rear brakes and plumbed the line lock into the front brakes.