News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

over charging and light problems - 1st update.

Started by Highbanked Hauler, August 31, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Knowing that grounding is an issue with these cars and that the ground is usually at site, bulkhead connector, and whatever else. Now, I have a high voltage problem that is still plaguing me I have swapped alternators and regulators  and  NOW when I step on the brakes the signal indicators LIGHT UP so I have feedback through the front parking lights which come on BRIGHT.  I pulled the plugs off of  the bulkhead connector and they still have traces of the white grease in them. Where else can I be getting  bleed over I checked all of the tail lights for a ground ? The fuses are all good.
        I just pulled the the plug for the back end of the car and nothing changed so it is under the DASH or under the HOOD.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

white

Did you have a ground wire from your motor to the body?

68charger440

When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser