News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

Just ordered from this website (cross my fingers) only $300 plus for a latch tray and nose cone trim ring

https://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/products/kit-dodge-daytona

will post pics when it arrives

spoke with Tina very professional 

kevs1969daytona

More parts from classic industries :drool5: On a off note super impressed with the customer service and delivery time with these guys wow only a 7 day delivery time here in Canada. 2 thumbs up   :2thumbs:

birdsandbees

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 23, 2018, 01:18:44 PM
More parts from classic industries :drool5: On a off note super impressed with the customer service and delivery time with these guys wow only a 7 day delivery time here in Canada. 2 thumbs up   :2thumbs:

Other than they'll only use UPS and won't mail stuff. Have had great service out of them. Even my rear frame rails.. last pair in stock anywhere... came from Classics freight... almost over a weekend... AND I had a 25% off code!  :2thumbs:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kevs1969daytona

Zero complaints with classic industries no issues with coming to Canada and super fast delivery.

Stevetona

Gotta be careful with UPS. They'll nail you with huge brokerage fees.

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

New Cross Member from Classic Industries arrived today.  Still lot more parts are coming.

farm966

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 23, 2018, 11:36:58 AM
Just ordered from this website (cross my fingers) only $300 plus for a latch tray and nose cone trim ring

https://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/products/kit-dodge-daytona

will post pics when it arrives

spoke with Tina very professional 

I have always had good luck when dealing with Stinger/AAR. I plan on using them again in the future for sure.

kevs1969daytona

green envy

kevs1969daytona

Sean says May by my birthday, I just purchased new carpet and need that installed and a new exhaust, thinking of getting a hidden stereo as well.  My new floor and wheel tubs just cleared customs today, they are supposed to be here tomorrow.  Same with the latch tray and nose cone insert from stinger/AAR.  I have already hook up my trailer to take them to Clarke Customs tomorrow.  Will take pics.  

kevs1969daytona

Sean just fabricated new trunk wells.  Told him I could have purscahed them but he wanted to make them instead.

70 sublime

On an original Charger there is a VIN number stamped into the factory trunk well right under the same spot the weather strip glues down to on the driver side
Might want to see if that is still around on the part he cut out and weld it back in ???
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

I have the VIN but it is a different number than the one on the dash ?????????

kevs1969daytona

The Stinger stuff arrived the nose cone insert and hood latch plate, they threw in the mesh for free very happy.  Thanks Stinger/AAA  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kevs1969daytona

looks ok to me  :shruggy: mesh looks different thou

kevs1969daytona

So some more big parts just arrived the floor, wheel wells, and trunk supports all from Classic Industries.  I noticed one package from classic industries says AMD. oh well.  Now one more package and I should be done I have ordered carpet and a passenger side mirror.  Guess should have ordered everything at the same time saved on brokerage fees.  Well i am an idiot I guess.Minus -21 here with the windchill -29 ouch.

kevs1969daytona

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

green envy

what was your process of choosing this bodyshop? Did you talk to previous clients? Look at completed vehicles?

kevs1969daytona

I think this is a fair question.

When I purchased the car I spoke with the president of the Edmonton MOPAR Association Jason, after buying the car he and Sean came by my house and had a look,  he actually called Sean when he showed up, we all had a couple of beers.  We talked about a new body/paint. Then Jason told me that Sean has a body shop that he works on weekends and after his regular job working at area Edmonton body shop.  To be honest I went by Sean shop and had a look on a 73 Charger he was restoring the body work and paint was amazing.  I hired him to be honest he is charging me about 1/3 of the price a regular shop would charge.  He has never lied to me and is more excited than anyone I have ever hired to work on a car. I have had multiple cars over my lifetime. Sean has never let me down.  He is a craftsman.  Since I have meet him there are other people with similar projects that want to have him work on their cars.  He has put mine on his list to be finished first.   I have seen some of his amazing skills, he has guided me through some of the process to get this car to what I want.  He has said he could patch the floor or the patch the cross member.  I have decided new parts and metal are the way to go.  I have zero issues with Sean I consider him a expert and is behind me 100% on this project.

Moparsaver

Coming along nicely Kevin, looks great.  I'm excited for you!  Thank you for sharing the build with us.     :2thumbs:-Tom