News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

Sold my 1970 seats from the Daytona today got $1500 for them had the add up for about 2 months.

kevs1969daytona

Does anyone know if the regular trunk will fit the Vega Hatch or does the trunk get trimmed off to make a proper fit.   :scratchchin:

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

kevs1969daytona

Yes my 69 seat were $1200 the ones I sold were really 1970 Charger seats.

Troy

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on February 06, 2018, 06:15:29 PM
Does anyone know if the regular trunk will fit the Vega Hatch or does the trunk get trimmed off to make a proper fit.   :scratchchin:
The "plug" basically fills the sail panels of the regular Charger and, since the trunk lid goes all the way up into that area, you'll need to shorten it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

kevs1969daytona

Thanks I was in a little panic Sean was working on the trunk gutter thinking he needed to change it.  But I guess the previous owner when he converted into a Daytona clone (which look like absolute sh**) had already shortened the trunk so no problems.  :cheers:

Cheers

kevs1969daytona

More parts arrived today new carpet and underlay, truck molding, and passenger side quarter window, the one on the car now was pitted badly.  I am also recording keeping all bills in a binder in case someone needs to know how much I have spent.  I hide it from my wife lol.

70 sublime

You can keep all your bills paperwork but never ever add them all up  :icon_smile_tongue:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kevs1969daytona

So finally the last (cross my fingers) body parts arrived today the inner wheel tubs and the trunk latch.  Just dropped them off at the body shop.  Sean says now he can get to work on the car, we were waiting on the parts and could not start until they arrived.   Sean looks happier than me lol.

alfaitalia

.......he probably looking forward to putting the deposit down on his new teeth when you pay him!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

kevs1969daytona

Just ordered a set of trunk hinges from daytonalo thanks Larry will post when they arrive.  Jesus last post I said no more parts  :shruggy:

kevs1969daytona

Sean got the rear quarters, trunk floor, innner and otter wheel wheels, and rear valance all welded in.

farm966

I am trying to finish the trunk area on my Daytona clone, if you have any more pictures please post them, these are great. Thanks.

kevs1969daytona

Heres Sean facebook page.  Sure if you have any questions he would answer you.  Should be more pic as well. https://www.facebook.com/anythingmuscle/

kevs1969daytona

Well my trunk hinges showed up, thanks Larry  :icon_smile_big:

kevs1969daytona

No I keep the small items at home, he's starting on the floor next, then the plug, then the nose, and then paint hopefully done in May.  Already paid half the cost the 1/4 before paint and the rest at completion.

kevs1969daytona

So finally Sean is back from Yuma Arizona from his winter vacation, guess his mom and dad are s snowbirds have place there. Anyways talked about getting hole cut in the front fender as per pics, also talked about the torsion bar being replaced he thinks the the old ones are fine, but since the cross member is being replaced, not too sure ????

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on March 13, 2018, 09:03:59 PM
So finally Sean is back from Yuma Arizona from his winter vacation, guess his mom and dad are snowbirds have place there. Anyways talked about getting hole cut in the front fender as per pics, also talked about the torsion bar being replaced he thinks the the old ones are fine, but since the cross member is being replaced, not too sure ????  Sorry for the double reply website was being really slow and weird.

Lighthorseman

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on March 13, 2018, 09:03:59 PM
...talked about getting hole cut in the front fender as per pics...

I'm assuming you mean the holes on top of the fenders.  Has there been a thread as to this being a good or bad idea?  I've heard of complaints from Daytona owners about them...and would you hit speeds high enough to make their functionality worthwile?

And if you're thinking of replacing torsion bars, why not go with nice big stout ones?

moparstuart

yes dont cut the hole unless you want road grime and debris all over your hood fenders and windshield   , just put your scoopes on as is 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70 sublime

I am not cutting holes in my fenders when I get to this point
Might just paint a flat black circle in the right spot so if you want to look in the scoop you might see something  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green