News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kevs1969daytona

Ok no holes in the fender and I am still waiting for lighthorseman come and have a look, you live around the corner. I'm a patrol Sgt with EPS by the way.

kevs1969daytona

give me a call next week 780-922-3274 going by the shop would love some advise.  live just outside ardrossan on baseline.  I know you looked at this car about 5 years ago.

kevs1969daytona

Troy you have the best mopar video on youtube from your Daytona to the t/a challenger, watch about once a week.  "this is freaking cool" as you drive the Daytona down your road in Texas, 2 thumps up.

panhead

I noticed that your quarter doesn't have the holes for the charger script, or I could just be blind.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

kevs1969daytona

Went by the shop with my dad, Sean has started ripping the underneath section that was really rusty on the driver side just behind the driver door.  Passenger side is ok, but wow had no idea it was that rusty.  Glad I am replacing everything.  Sean say he's getting some "16 gauge" steel to fix that spot.   The other pic is the old rusty parts that have already been replaced with new stuff.  We also talked about the headlight doors that open but never actually worked, Stinger in Florida who builds them said they use a "4 inch actuator" any suggestion would be great.

kevs1969daytona

So the larger rusted out piece has been repaired and the door jam as well, it too was rusty, Sean used a cardboard template to cut a fabricate the  new pieces.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

kevs1969daytona

By the end of the day he got the fender and door jam welded permanently up.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kevs1969daytona

Will get it covered up.  There's a reason for that, today we took the steering wheel off (got a new reproduction one) there's a guy named Bobby U***** has been following this thread and asked for the cover over the aftermarket steering wheel.   He lives in Southern Alberta.  May have seen his Daytona, kinda famous I think.  Told him he could have for free.  I am going back to southern Alberta in 3 weeks for a police reunion and the Taber Police Ball kinda hoping I can delivery it personally and have a look at his car.   Maybe he will allow me to take some pics and share.  we'll see have to ask for permission.  Check out the old 1969 Alberta plate.

moparstuart

:drool5: Met him at talladega  he was a super nice guy , had put a hemi in it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2018, 03:07:16 AM
:drool5: Met him at talladega  he was a super nice guy , had put a hemi in it

Met him there too and yes, absolutely a great guy with a fantastic story on the car.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

kevs1969daytona

New suspension bushing kit arrived today got it from ebay

kevs1969daytona

Well Bobby called tonight asked me to take the "town" where he lives in my previous post, which of course I did, talked for about an hour about his real Daytona, told me the reason why there a missing chuck out of the rear quarter panel drivers side, well apparently and this his his version in 1978 after a "dubby" and drinking wine with some girls at a 7-11 in Edmonton a drunk driver drove into his car putting a huge dent, he has removed the dent and never replaced it.  great stories here  some pics he sent to me in Red Deer last year.

kevs1969daytona

So finally after almost 8 months since I got the car the worst ugliest part is being done, that rear plug as per pic was a thorn in my side.  if anyone thinks putting a regular charger window in a Daytona looks ok, it's not, it fuc**** ugly. anyway Sean today got the Vega plug in, I am very happy. Have to buy some new parts as well, the trunk is toast weighs about 80 lbs, its full of bondo.

kevs1969daytona

thats Sean with my boy helping, Jamie he's 16 he insisted I put a pic of his Genesis (sorry) on this site.

kevs1969daytona

Wow wings back on.  Guess Sean is checking for fit, this is off off his facebook site and I quote  "Getting closer to being able to weld the in the rear window plug. Have a few more pieces to fabricate and mock up and then it's time to weld everything in place".

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

Got this today for my garage the guy did customs colors same as the car I am building, its a wall mural was about $30. love it.  Damn Hemi Orange wing with a Black car, maybe Red is not what im going with

kevs1969daytona

Went by the shop with new classic industries truck from AMD lol  the floor which was covered in that dynamax crap had some secrets under neath namely rust.