News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

unless your car is a manual trans already, you might have an issue with the snout of the input shaft going in the center of the crankshaft. If yours is an automatic crankshaft, the center hole is not drilled wide enough or deep enough for a manual trans input shaft

kevs1969daytona

So heres some pics from Seans facebook, Jesus I hired the right guy.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: A383Wing on April 29, 2018, 08:22:07 PM
unless your car is a manual trans already, you might have an issue with the snout of the input shaft going in the center of the crankshaft. If yours is an automatic crankshaft, the center hole is not drilled wide enough or deep enough for a manual trans input shaft

Doesn't matter when you use a TKO, the input shaft is short, you need to use a roller bearing in the crank register, even if the crank is drilled/bushed for a manual

kevs1969daytona

More pics if anyone is considering buying an old mopar please except the worst.  Wow I never had any idea how rusty this was  

kevs1969daytona

More pics, Sean is spending the entire week on the car coming up.

birdsandbees

There's that dash uncovered again...  :brickwall:

I was going to say he should do this.. but looks like it's toooo late !

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

A383Wing

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 29, 2018, 09:07:43 PM

Doesn't matter when you use a TKO, the input shaft is short, you need to use a roller bearing in the crank register, even if the crank is drilled/bushed for a manual

Ok, didn't know that, my bad

kevs1969daytona

Thanks this car is stressing me out beyond belief.  Did not expect so much work.   :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 29, 2018, 09:07:43 PM

yes get the Roller bearing from a dodge dakota  works fantastic  
And if i knew you were doing so much work to the floor i would have seconded mikes choice of a 6 speed  , I picked up a viper six speed for mine off craigs list for 800.00 buck only 14 k miles on it  works fantastic .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DAY CLONA

Quote from: birdsandbees on April 29, 2018, 10:12:24 PM
There's that dash uncovered again...  :brickwall:

That's OK, by the time he's done rebuilding everything else, the dash will be last on the list because of all the grinding slag, welding sparks, rust, dust, etc, etc that it's accumulated....  :slap: :icon_smile_big:

chargervert

Over the last fifteen years or so,I have been buying Mopars from Down south or out west to avoid the major reconstruction that is required from most rustbelt cars. It is worth every dime of the extra cost on the buy in and the shipping!

AKcharger

Was he pulling the engine using a carb plate on an ALUMINIUM INTAKE???   :o :o :o  Gutsy move man!

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: AKcharger on April 30, 2018, 09:10:50 PM
Was he pulling the engine using a carb plate on an ALUMINIUM INTAKE???   :o :o :o  Gutsy move man!

ROFL not too sure

kevs1969daytona

Went by shop maybe I should not have, dropped off the Tremec and stress took over.  Kinda felt like having your German Shephard you have had for 7 years having surgery and you walking in half way in the operation.  the 727 is a 1969 am selling on kijiji Ikes WTF !!! :o

held1823

it's going to be nice, but man, i'm seeing enough bank going into it, to have bought a real one

definitely making me afraid to take mine apart now, lol
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kevs1969daytona

held1823

wow, way less than i would have expected, especially with the cost to get some of the pieces north of the border.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kevs1969daytona

car was $35K, engine 8K, tranny 4K, body parts 6K, and Sean (get this) is getting 21K. Yes Sean is only charging 21K, everyone else wanted 40 to 60K. He works full time at an Edmonton body shop and nights weekends at his place, I think he should go full bore on restorations on muscle cars.  Since my car is on his facebook he started getting lots of requests for restorations. Anyway he's my golden goose. He know his stuff thats for sure and say he loves restoring Mopars. I dropped off the Tremec he almost immediately said I need a new clutch and trim the flywheel. Here is his facebook page say nice things.

https://www.facebook.com/anythingmuscle/

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

chargervert

Don't feel too bad,I will have 30 grand just in the Hemi engine on my Daytona clone!

kevs1969daytona

In August 2017 Sean came by, said he would have her done by my birthday 7 May.  Busted his balls said he got 8 days left lol. Don't think its going to happen.

farm966

Quote from: birdsandbees on April 29, 2018, 10:12:24 PM
There's that dash uncovered again...  :brickwall:

I was going to say he should do this.. but looks like it's toooo late !

So what did you do here? Just adding some strength?