News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

Got the engine and new manual set in the car, working on the trunk for the Daytona as well.

moparstuart

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 01, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
Ok Ok will make sure thanks fellas
yours are fine the way he built them mine ,on my convertible look similar and we have had 4 people sitting up on the wing with no problems to the top of the quarter panel 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DAY CLONA

Quote from: moparstuart on June 04, 2018, 08:01:27 AM
Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 01, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
Ok Ok will make sure thanks fellas
yours are fine the way he built them mine ,on my convertible look similar and we have had 4 people sitting up on the wing with no problems to the top of the quarter panel  

Your comparing a 70 Plymouth top qtr to a 68-70 Charger qtr, 2 different animals, same with the wing washers, the Bird washer is relatively flat compared to the arc in a Daytona wing washer, the OP has the final say if he feels comfortable with his bodyman's choice/decision, just that when/if the shit hits the fan later, who eats the repair?, who feigns ignorance?.... better to be fore warned and retroactive, rather than experience 20/20 hindsight

kevs1969daytona

Sean has finished mounting the Tremec did not realized the clutch pedal need modification and the center console needed a "mount".

moparstuart

must have been where he mounted the slave / clutch master cylinder that caused the modification  ?  i didnt have to modify my clutch pedal at all  ?   :shruggy: my kit came with a boot and the rod went right thru the factory hole/ opening in the firewall .

moparstuart

yeah mine came with a reinforment plate and bracket and mounted right on the factory hole directly below the brake master   , I did mount my reservoir about where your did

moparstuart

kevs1969daytona

My mirror finally arrived today from classic industries, beautiful shape (was on back order for about 4 months).  Had to send 2 others back.  They kept sending me the "non remote passenger side mirror" which is complete smooth on the back side, this is a "remote passenger side mirror" with cars that came with a drivers side remote inside the door. This has the V shape on the back and much thicker.  Should not complain classic industries apologized and send this one for free.

kevs1969daytona

Went by the shop, just waiting for the nose cone to arrive from Florida.  Sean asked me if on Canada day 1 July if he could trailer the car to the Mopar car show in Leduc.  Said it would be in primer ready to paint.  I said if its primer he could have it for the afternoon. Think it would be kinda cool to show his work off, sitting on a trailer. We also talked about the fiberglass z brackets and nose cone.  we have decided to reinforce them with a metal skin (z brackets).  And metal inside the nose cone to make it stronger.  Will take pics on what we decide. 

kevs1969daytona

Worked on the trunk supports that needed modification for the longer Daytona trunk arms.  Also the trunk is been shaped from a template of a real Daytona.  

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 11, 2018, 04:49:49 PM
Worked on the trunk supports that needed modification for the longer Daytona trunk arms.  Also the trunk is been shaped from a template of a real Daytona.  

Help me understand why this modification was needed ? :scratchchin:

These supports were not modified on original Daytonas or 500s and I've never seen this done on any other clone.

Have the wheel houses been modified for bigger tires?

Or am I missing something here?  :shruggy:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 11, 2018, 09:13:39 PM

These supports were not modified on original Daytonas or 500s and I've never seen this done on any other clone.

Or am I missing something here?  :shruggy:

me too i have one clone and we don t have modified this.
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

charger chris

It could be that the truck lid seaports  my be off with all the new parts. The whole back have of the was taken part.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

kevs1969daytona

I think he originally hooked it up with the old trunk, since he made the template from an original Daytona every thing changed.  He even cut the vega plug too short as per pic.  it's all been modified to look correctly from the real Daytona template.  

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on June 12, 2018, 03:48:24 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 11, 2018, 09:13:39 PM

Or am I missing something here?  :shruggy:

me too i have one clone and we don t have modified this.

Ok just spoke with Sean you guys are correct they should not need any modification, mine did because of the "dog's breakfast" condition it was in when he got it.  Yours are ok to use don't worry  :2thumbs:

Makingdreamsreality

The trunk hinge brackets were not "modified" they were all hacked up from whom ever worked on the car to turn it into a Daytona and now I have located the new ones in the correct place. 

Makingdreamsreality

Yes unfortunately I went off of the old trunk lid and what pictures I could find on the internet.  Now with the template taken from a real Daytona I will be making a new piece that will be from window edge to trunk edge rather than trying to fill in a small strip and having to work it to the proper shape.

held1823

welcome to the board, sean. impressive work you've been doing.

a shame you're not closer, when it's time to do some metal work on mine.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on June 12, 2018, 06:55:52 PM
Yes unfortunately I went off of the old trunk lid and what pictures I could find on the internet.  Now with the template taken from a real Daytona I will be making a new piece that will be from window edge to trunk edge rather than trying to fill in a small strip and having to work it to the proper shape.

Holly Molly is that Sean, now I don't need to answer anymore questions.  :icon_smile_big:

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2018, 09:43:55 AM
must have been where he mounted the slave / clutch master cylinder that caused the modification  ?  i didnt have to modify my clutch pedal at all  ?   :shruggy: my kit came with a boot and the rod went right thru the factory hole/ opening in the firewall .

Due to where the steering column and the headers are located and the style of this slave cylinder I was trying to keep the install simple and easy without having multiple mechanical linkages as well as using the repo clutch pedal.

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2018, 11:33:48 AM
tight fit but here is the slave / master 

You have a totally different slave cylinder and an extension on the threaded rod coming out of the slave cylinder.  That is the two big differences.