News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 11, 2018, 09:13:39 PM
Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 11, 2018, 04:49:49 PM
Worked on the trunk supports that needed modification for the longer Daytona trunk arms.  Also the trunk is been shaped from a template of a real Daytona.  

No modification.  The previous trunk hinge brackets were cut to all heck and had to be replaced.  So after a few hours of measuring and mocking up the new hinge brackets are located in the correct location.

Help me understand why this modification was needed ? :scratchchin:

These supports were not modified on original Daytonas or 500s and I've never seen this done on any other clone.

Have the wheel houses been modified for bigger tires?

Or am I missing something here?  :shruggy:

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 12, 2018, 08:58:57 PM
Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on June 12, 2018, 06:55:52 PM
Yes unfortunately I went off of the old trunk lid and what pictures I could find on the internet.  Now with the template taken from a real Daytona I will be making a new piece that will be from window edge to trunk edge rather than trying to fill in a small strip and having to work it to the proper shape.

Holly Molly is that Sean, now I don't need to answer anymore questions.  :icon_smile_big:

Yes it sure is.  I have finally figured this site out  :cheers:

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on June 12, 2018, 09:21:07 PM
Quote from: kevs1969daytona on June 12, 2018, 08:58:57 PM
Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on June 12, 2018, 06:55:52 PM
Yes unfortunately I went off of the old trunk lid and what pictures I could find on the internet.  Now with the template taken from a real Daytona I will be making a new piece that will be from window edge to trunk edge rather than trying to fill in a small strip and having to work it to the proper shape.

Holly Molly is that Sean, now I don't need to answer anymore questions.  :icon_smile_big:

Yes it sure is.  I have finally figured this site out  :cheers:

Quit playing around on the internet and get back to work on the car  :icon_smile_big:

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

kevs1969daytona

Nose cone came from StingerAAA today.  No damage, thought it would be packaged with more bubble wrap thou.  Checked the thickness out and was very surprise how solid it is,  super thick.  Shipping label said 50 lbs. Heres some pics.

farm966

When I have dealt with the guys at Stinger they have always treated me right, I would use them again for sure.

kevs1969daytona

Dropped off the Stinger nose cone at the shop today and the new mancini high flow water pump (help with the cooling problem) also package the old steel nose cone to ship off to a new home.

A383Wing

I don't see the tabs in the headlight openings for the special bolts to hold the headlight buckets in.....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: A383Wing on June 15, 2018, 02:47:35 AM
I don't see the tabs in the headlight openings for the special bolts to hold the headlight buckets in.....

There's a lot to be desired in the Stinger nosecones.... I don't know if they solved their issue of the cone being "too small" (top to bottom where it meets the hood edge to the lower valance lower edge) most guys had to section it along the leading edge on the sides, stretch it to fit, then re-glass the open seam, I know Stinger was putting coremat (know as a "fiberglass diaper" in the glassing industry) as re-enforcement and cheap build up in the upper and lower skin between the head light/Z bar mounting tab area, unfortunately as the cone aged, the coremat transferred thru the fiberglass to show the "ghost" outline of the coremat on the upper skin between the headlight bucket,...of course this only happened after you painted the car

held1823

yay @ black kitties.

the little one here thinks she rules the roost

good to see the old cone was an easy sell
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kevs1969daytona

Sean working working of the inside of the trunk, since they are shorter than a regular 1969 trunk.  Also picked up some 4 inch linear actuators for the headlights, still not sure how to get them to work.  Anyone out there have a clone with an actuator with pics ???

charger chris

:scratchchin:  I would think there are three wires. One is a ground and two are power wires one for up and one for  down. They didn't come with a wiring diagram?  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

Sean finished the day by getting the trunk finished wow very happy  :2thumbs:

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

More parts arrived today, reverse light for under the dash, gasket set for under the hood, new brake lines, and compartment separator with insulation (lot better than a piece of wood) lol.

kevs1969daytona

Like I said in an earlier post, I was going to get the fiberglass z bracket re-enforced.  Sean has re-enforced them with metal.  :2thumbs:

kevs1969daytona

The Nose Cone Grill arrived today very happy with the quality.

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

The nose cone from Stinger needs to be built up was not long enough on the sides.

chargervert

Everyone I have ever seen use a Stinger nosecone has had to do modifications to the sides of the nosecone to get it to fit the fenders and lower valence pan.