News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

Thank you for this vidéo you are right the 70 motor is very full speed
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

A383Wing

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on December 20, 2018, 09:27:33 AM

As for the speed yes they are a little on the slow side but after watching numerous videos of other Daytons and Superbirds headlight doors opening and closing these are very very close to the speed of the original vacuum pods un which Dodge and Plymouth used.  I will have pics soon once I have both operational and in sync.

I don't think that it's close at all......takes about 3 seconds for the headlights to pop up to full position and less than 2 seconds for them to close on mine.....I'm using stock vacuum system on mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejlMddOoWs

Bryan

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: A383Wing on December 20, 2018, 04:07:09 PM

As for the speed yes they are a little on the slow side but after watching numerous videos of other Daytons and Superbirds headlight doors opening and closing these are very very close to the speed of the original vacuum pods un which Dodge and Plymouth used.  I will have pics soon once I have both operational and in sync.

I don't think that it's close at all......takes about 3 seconds for the headlights to pop up to full position and less than 2 seconds for them to close on mine.....I'm using stock vacuum system on mine

Bryan

Well for what's available for this application it's pretty damn close.  As well it's a safe operation being that nothing can get damaged once they are fine tuned.

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: Makingdreamsreality on December 20, 2018, 05:19:25 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 20, 2018, 04:07:09 PM

Bryan

Well for what's available for this application it's pretty damn close.  As well it's a safe operation being that nothing can get damaged once they are fine tuned.

At the end of the day when all is said and done it's up to the person that owns the car and as long as they are happy with how they work and that they work properly that's all that really matters.

Lighthorseman

I have to say that I really like the actuator idea.  I'm guessing that will be the way I go once I finally get to this stage with my "Bird".

XS29L9B2

After speak with my daddy, we have think the idea with électric actuator is the best solution.

XS29L9B2

XS29L9B2

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on December 30, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
Both are working now.

https://www.facebook.com/anythingmuscle/videos/2444061442332091/

So, are you going to have to hold a button down the whole time the headlight doors are moving into position,  or will there be limit switches, or a timer built into the system :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 31, 2018, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: kevs1969daytona on December 30, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
Both are working now.

https://www.facebook.com/anythingmuscle/videos/2444061442332091/

So, are you going to have to hold a button down the whole time the headlight doors are moving into position,  or will there be limit switches, or a timer built into the system :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

Good question i dont think this ?

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

Sean has worked for 3 weeks getting the Nose Cone parts ready, now all they need is paint.

Makingdreamsreality

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on December 31, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
Sean has worked for 3 weeks getting the Nose Cone parts ready, now all they need is paint.

No sir they still need to be blocked and then a second application of primer then blocked and wet sanded then paint.

DAY CLONA

Just a thought, you might want to take the time to take a dremel tool/drum to those headlight door adjuster/cup openings and dress them out before paint?

Easier now then later, as they will show...

70 sublime

Bet you have spent a lot more on this project then the last two or three times you thought you had it all figured out  :eek2:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

It's been a long trip thats for sure, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, all the hard work is finished.

kevs1969daytona

Fenders, doors, hood, and parts are now all block ready for last coat of primer.

70 sublime

Do you have the braces for the fenders that go from center of wheel opening up to where it bolts on to the inner fender of the car ?
You can see the stub of where it is broken off

Think I would take the clips off that the inner fender bolts go through that are still on the fenders before you paint everything black
If they move at all when putting together you will see the grey primer against the black paint
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

Yes just checked with Sean we have the brackets, but thanks I would have no idea to check.

Daytona R/T SE

You should consider removing the reinforcement ribs on the front underside of the hood.

Daytona hoods didn't have them, and they can cause a clearance issue when you close the hood.

:Twocents:

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 15, 2019, 04:33:56 PM
You should consider removing the reinforcement ribs on the front underside of the hood.

Daytona hoods didn't have them, and they can cause a clearance issue when you close the hood.

:Twocents:

Cheers will check